Porschemode

mortzz

Ive just checked them out at companies house, they are an LLP company incorporated in Oct 2019 and turned over £40,000 last filing, so they wouldn't meet the threshold of being VAT registered.

Nothing dodgy just a new company trying to make ends meet buy perhaps over charging customers a little more than other Indies would charge.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, the baron said:

Ive just checked them out at companies house, they are an LLP company incorporated in Oct 2019 and turned over £40,000 last filing, so they wouldn't meet the threshold of being VAT registered.

Nothing dodgy just a new company trying to make ends meet buy perhaps over charging customers a little more than other Indies would charge.

Interestingly their website says they have some of the best mechanics, (plural ! ) Not a chance they don’t meet the vat threshold then , the only garages that don’t are usually 1 man bands working out of a shed. 

15 hours ago, dunks said:

I replied to the thread on the other site when it was posted about the prices of the boots, 

It seems the original poster didn't appreciate being told it seemed overpriced and called other porsche owners a few choice words

Was it all four that were replaced then.? 

The original poster suggested both rear boots , so would say just the outers , inner boots last a lot longer than the outers , and what’s the chance of all 4 needing doing at the same time 

3 minutes ago, dunks said:

The original poster suggested both rear boots , so would say just the outers , inner boots last a lot longer than the outers , and what’s the chance of all 4 needing doing at the same time 

So you don't actually know then. 

I don't follow your logic about reusing the inners if the outers need replacing either. 

1 hour ago, PaulQ said:

So you don't actually know then. 

I don't follow your logic about reusing the inners if the outers need replacing either. 

The original poster said both rear boots suggesting 2 , maybe the original poster doesn’t know either as the invoice is vague , even if all 4 , then it is still overpriced , boot kits have no mechanical purpose, they are there to protect the joint , so yes nearly every garage would say reuse the old ones.

what is concerning is the content of the invoice , legally invoices should include the customers name and address , an individual invoice number , vat content, company registration no.a clear description of what being charged for ( most garages will list individual part numbers of what has been supplied or at least put grade of oil and say oem or aftermarket filter etc )  

37 minutes ago, dunks said:

The original poster said both rear boots suggesting 2 , maybe the original poster doesn’t know either as the invoice is vague , even if all 4 , then it is still overpriced , boot kits have no mechanical purpose, they are there to protect the joint , so yes nearly every garage would say reuse the old ones.

what is concerning is the content of the invoice , legally invoices should include the customers name and address , an individual invoice number , vat content, company registration no.a clear description of what being charged for ( most garages will list individual part numbers of what has been supplied or at least put grade of oil and say oem or aftermarket filter etc )  

I don't agree that 369 quid for the replacement of all four CV boots is unreasonable or overpriced. 

I have never had a garage invoice list part numbers or grades of oil either. 

Why do you bloody care anyway, its not even your invoice :)

18 hours ago, iborguk said:

For any Porsche specific parts, when needed , you may find OPC cheaper (sometimes).  

Mention Porsche Club GB/Tipec membership and some offer 10% off.

OPCs are also happy to post smallish parts.

:withstupid:

2 hours ago, PaulQ said:

Why do you bloody care anyway, its not even your invoice :)

I don’t , I responded to a thread on a Facebook group and gave a personal opinion based on professional experience 

4 minutes ago, dunks said:

I don’t , I responded to a thread on a Facebook group and gave a personal opinion based on professional experience 

Lets just hope they (sorry he or she) didn't use Millers oil 🤣

6 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Lets not jump to a conclusion about turnover and the vat threshold. I am sure you are aware that not every company declares everything, in fact I would hazard a guess that the majority of companies deploy some tax strategy, whether legal or not.

]

No.........?

Worse than bloody landlords. 😱

6 hours ago, dunks said:

Quite high.  All 4 were shot on mine when I bought it and it had passed an MOT only 6 moths previously.

5 hours ago, iborguk said:

Had it myself, OPC has been cheaper than online retailers on some specific OE parts, other folks have found the same.

Saving money...how stupid of me 🤣

I was agreeing with you ;)

Most OPC's will even give you the 10% without asking for your membership no.

Belfast OPC have posted small items for me on several occasions, even to my detailer (Guards Red touch-up).

But the most relevant thing you said was it is always worthwhile pricing the OPC as it is surprising how often they are cheaper than other outlets.

IIRC our very own @Simon used to provide a service by supplying the little wind deflector clips via ebay :laugh:

8 minutes ago, EXY said:

Belfast OPC have posted small items for me on several occasions, even to my detailer (Guards Red touch-up).

But the most relevant thing you said was it is always worthwhile pricing the OPC as it is surprising how often they are cheaper than other outlets.

IIRC our very own @Simon used to provide a service by supplying the little wind deflector clips via ebay :laugh:

👍 and it is surprising re the OPC pricing sometimes.

I understand how some might assume immediately they will be more expensive (and sometimes they are)

One of the part guys in my local OPC lives in my town and is even willing to drop stuff to my door.

Just now, iborguk said:

👍 and it is surprising re the OPC pricing sometimes.

I understand how some might assume immediately they will be more expensive (and sometimes they are)

When we bought our Boxster in 2007 and changed from 17" to 18" wheels the cheapest place I could find for a full set of Michelin PS1's was our local OPC.

Mind you I did get quite pally with their parts guy and it turns out they had misquoted for either fronts or rears and that was why they were cheaper than anyone else :whistle:

Never hurts to ask :)

13 minutes ago, EXY said:

When we bought our Boxster in 2007 and changed from 17" to 18" wheels the cheapest place I could find for a full set of Michelin PS1's was our local OPC.

Mind you I did get quite pally with their parts guy and it turns out they had misquoted for either fronts or rears and that was why they were cheaper than anyone else :whistle:

Never hurts to ask :)

Indeed it doesn't hurt to ask.

Recent examples I've had have been the petrol filer cap, coolant cap and a windscreen cowl, all have been cheaper from the OPC direct.

And I'm sure we can think of loads of examples where they wont be cheaper.

I recently had a tyre quote (19's, all 4 corners) and they were about £200 up vs the high street chains, pays your money takes your choice there.

5 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Lets not jump to a conclusion about turnover and the vat threshold. I am sure you are aware that not every company declares everything, in fact I would hazard a guess that the majority of companies deploy some tax strategy, whether legal or not.

]

Yes when your google, but when you declare a turnover of £40k with HMRC there is nowhere to hide

On 12/24/2020 at 7:50 PM, EXY said:

Indeed - they were something like £1.80 a pair and they used to go for £20+ on eBay and I’d be shipping them worldwide.  Crazy...

My ashtray lid doesn’t spring back so I’ve decided to change to the non ashtray version which is more like a cubby hole , they are selling for between £50 and £70 on eBay , but from Opc £24 

1 hour ago, dunks said:

My ashtray lid doesn’t spring back so I’ve decided to change to the non ashtray version which is more like a cubby hole , they are selling for between £50 and £70 on eBay , but from Opc £24 

You have to buy the rubber mat insert in the bottom too IIRC from buying mine (996 552 096 01 A03 for the tray, 996 552 596 00 for the insert), or at least check it comes as both bits.

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

You have to buy the rubber mat insert in the bottom too IIRC from buying mine (996 552 096 01 A03 for the tray, 996 552 596 00 for the insert), or at least check it comes as both bits.

I bought mine from OPC and I think your right it is two separate items

4 hours ago, dunks said:

I thought these were more like 70 quid, even from an OPC.? 

Might get one myself if only £24.

Archived