Extended Warranty Advice

Rooose

37 minutes ago, DPG said:

What about the battery if it’s non Porsche supplied? Would that invalidate the warranty 

No it wouldn't directly invalidate the warranty. You would fail the 111 point check for having it fitted so wouldn't be able to put a warranty on it or extend the existing extended warranty.

If you already have a warranty and now have a non porsche battery fitted then as long as the warranty claim is not related to anything the battery affects then they have no grounds to reject a claim against the policy. So for example if your PDK box sprung an oil leak they would struggle to reject the claim as down to the fault of the non porsche battery. But it is always a risk. Read the small print and take your risk.

It's also worth mentioning it is not a "warranty" as you get with a new car. It is an insurance policy from Germany. So has differing rules to a manufacturers warranty.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enquired about renewal cost for my "warranty" last week and these were the prices quoted: 

The cost for a 1 year renewal is £660.00 and the 2 is £1190.00.

9 hours ago, CMA said:

I enquired about renewal cost for my "warranty" last week and these were the prices quoted: 

The cost for a 1 year renewal is £660.00 and the 2 is £1190.00.

That’s quite reasonable. My Z4M was £1100 a year and my RSQ3 £800 per year.

Also weighing up the maintenance plan from Revolution (that includes servicing)

guess the main concern for me is the PDK box. 

On 3/6/2021 at 10:20 PM, Greenman said:

I didn’t even know extending by 3 years at a time was possible! Certainly nothing I’ve ever been offered and I only extended mine a couple,of weeks ago (by 2years)

^^ me neither.

Grills are 10 mins to remove. Tyre goo - do we have anyone nearby who'd lend out (swap over) a bottle of tyre goo for a couple of days?  Similarly, a battery?

One member could "rent out" qualifying parts to another for 50 quid.  Better than paying 400 to qualify for the inspection.

The inspection is like an MoT, valid for the day it's done, it's not a guarantee you'd keep it like that for ever. As above, any warranty claim will be judged on the likelihood of the component causing it.

5 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Grills are 10 mins to remove. Tyre goo - do we have anyone nearby who'd lend out (swap over) a bottle of tyre goo for a couple of days?  Similarly, a battery?

I’m not 100% sure you need this.

Mine had expired last year (or year before) and the service manager stated (who approached the issue with common sense) I didn’t need it as if I renewed the breakdown cover with my warranty which I usually do that basically does away with the requirement! Why not use the recovery for a puncture? That’s what you pay for...

Just a thought 😁

12 hours ago, tailslides said:

Been getting prices for 6 year service and warranty today, nobody seems to know about thee year extension :(

I’ve heard this before but may be wrong... If your ‘Brand New’ car Original factory warranty WAS 2 years then you can opt to extend that by a third year then put 2 years OPC warranty onto it!

Can anyone confirm or correct this??

Pre COVID an 111 point check I had done on my previous 987 raised issues around  front grills and out of date tyre sealant. I wasn’t looking for breakdown cover but nothing mentioned re “you don’t need the tyre sealant then”. I’ve got AA cover for breakdowns etc. Common sense sometimes I suppose gets put to the back when it comes to making money 😳

Dont shoot me down but I actually, in a moment of madness I’m blaming on lockdown boredom, I actually purchased a bottle of tyre sealant from my local OPC literally Monday as it was a lovely day so I drove down to pick it up using the click and collect service. £59:26 plus VAT 😳😳😳 

Best bit was getting home and looking at the out of date as 07/23. Was going to give them a ring but never did as 2yrs and 4mths doesn’t seem value for money. Original one on a  March 2013 car was dated 2017 so four years life.

14 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Dont shoot me down but I actually, in a moment of madness I’m blaming on lockdown boredom, I actually purchased a bottle of tyre sealant from my local OPC literally Monday as it was a lovely day so I drove down to pick it up using the click and collect service. £59:26 plus VAT 😳😳😳 

Women blow more than this on a pair of shoes they don't need. Many people are building up savings during lockdown and they are burning a hole in the pocket. Think of it that way.

Alternatively - you fool, get a grip...

4 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Best bit was getting home and looking at the out of date as 07/23. Was going to give them a ring but never did as 2yrs and 4mths doesn’t seem value for money. Original one on a  March 2013 car was dated 2017 so four years life.

Exactly the same stuff as in the Porsche bottle.

11 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

I’ve heard this before but may be wrong... If your ‘Brand New’ car Original factory warranty WAS 2 years then you can opt to extend that by a third year then put 2 years OPC warranty onto it!

Can anyone confirm or correct this??

arent all new car warranties now 3 yrs anyway?

3 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

arent all new car warranties now 3 yrs anyway?

German (and possibly other European) car makers only have two years as standard ex factory. The extra year is added for UK customers by the UK franchise holder. When I used to import new cars, I had to add the third year from a third party warranty company for those that wanted it.

Kawasaki have been offering to extend their 2 year warranty to 4 years for quite some time. Had it on my 2016 bike and the 2019 H2, was just a small additional fee. For full 4 year manufacturers warranty.

Archived