Newbie saying hello (sort of)

Terryg

Just now, Terryg said:

Thank you, out of interest how do you do that?

I could tell you, but I'd have to.........😉

I clicked on your link, right clicked on the pic and selected "copy image address.

I'm on a Mac, for me using imgur I select the pic, then from the menu on the RHS of that pic I copy the "Direct link" then paste it here. 

If you have done it properly, the pic will show immediately.

N4hyVws.jpg

Just now, EVO Chris said:

Welcome to the gang, tell us more about yourself and the car, it looks to be in nice condition. I also have a silver 987.2. Good choice and great cars.

Well I have been here for about 4 or 5 years on the 986 pages, they got sick of me and insisted I buy a 987 and annoy you lot.  As posted previously I was looking for a 911 to "scratch an itch" but somehow the more I looked the less I actually wanted one. So moved o to Caymans, then the sun came out (honestly it did) and I realised I wanted another Boxster. I got bombarded with cars from mates on WA (you know who you are) and this one came up with a good spec, one owner, full Porsche history and pretty good value as it was taken in to a non Porsche main dealer. I was in the right place at the right time and got even better value!! I have to say I totally besotted, the PDK is fekkin awesome and sport plus is wicked. It doesn't have PSE which I thought I would want but now don't as the sound is brilliant as it is neither does it have PASM but if yesterday is anything to go by, I don't care.

6 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

I could tell you, but I'd have to.........😉

I clicked on your link, right clicked on the pic and selected "copy image address.

Ok not sure how that is different from what I did, whilst totally accepting that it obviously is and that I am an I.T. cretin

Sounds like to you got a great deal, nice to be in the right place. I put a Carnewal GT exhaust and a set of 200 cell top gear cats on and her which sounds just right. The PDK is an awesome box.

4 minutes ago, EVO Chris said:

Sounds like to you got a great deal, nice to be in the right place. I put a Carnewal GT exhaust and a set of 200 cell top gear cats on and her which sounds just right. The PDK is an awesome box.

I have bypass pipes and 200 cell on the 986 and it does sound great, I think I will leave this one "as is" as it will be a bit more of a DD. I was surprised how good it sounded in Sport Plus when the revs where in the "higher range". I am think I am right in saying that the Sport Plus does nothing to the exhaust in reality, but it worked for me!

Welcome to  987 world,  @Terryg great cars.  Having made the move from a 986 myself a couple of years ago I'm sure you'll enjoy the 987 just as much,  certainly sounds like you are already . . . It's going to be a great summer 🤞

1 hour ago, Topbox said:

Welcome to  987 world,  @Terryg great cars.  Having made the move from a 986 myself a couple of years ago I'm sure you'll enjoy the 987 just as much,  certainly sounds like you are already . . . It's going to be a great summer 🤞

Thanks, I am now in Cambridge so not a million miles away, I need to replace my Dales runs with those northern t*ssp*ts with something so we may catch up at some point.

2 minutes ago, Terryg said:

Thanks, I am now in Cambridge so not a million miles away, I need to replace my Dales runs with those northern t*ssp*ts with something so we may catch up at some point.

It's not the Dales but Saffron Walden to Braintree is a nice route https://www.countryfile.com/go-outdoors/britains-top-10-country-roads/

5 minutes ago, iborguk said:

It's not the Dales but Saffron Walden to Braintree is a nice route https://www.countryfile.com/go-outdoors/britains-top-10-country-roads/

In fairness nothing down south is going to compare with the Dales,the roads are great but also the lack of other traffic is what makes it. I will definitely check that out though, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Terryg said:

In fairness nothing down south is going to compare with the Dales,the roads are great but also the lack of other traffic is what makes it. I will definitely check that out though, thanks.

"Daaaaawwwwn Saaaaaarf"

1 minute ago, Menoporsche said:

That’s an upgrade Terry. Sold the 986 already?

No, not yet put it up for sale. I will do that on BoXa first as it has a lot of desirable upgrades, I couldn't believe how much I have done/spent in my few years of ownership. It is a fantastic car that I know one day I will kick myself for selling, I may try and shift the 924 and keep the 986.

Hi @Terryg 

@Teo Fabi and I did a Sunday meet at Market Harborough and a run up into Rutland last year in the few weeks it was possible.  OK if I put you on my list to tag if/when we sort another this summer?

53 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Hi @Terryg 

@Teo Fabi and I did a Sunday meet at Market Harborough and a run up into Rutland last year in the few weeks it was possible.  OK if I put you on my list to tag if/when we sort another this summer?

Definitely, yes.

Archived