Getting close

JurassicBGTS

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on one of two cars.

Rhodium Silver with red top

GT Silver with red top

Not sure which colour I prefer, possibly the Rhodium with the red works better?

What are the key things to check?

What are the latest maps, can they be updated if I try to get the OPC to update as part of the deal?

12b3e97bd8134f89a3980711ead4294e.jpg

c65778c2f1b74157bfee26678e24de4f.jpg

Edited by JurassicGTS

32 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Struggling to really see the difference myself 

I was thinking the same thing... All things being equal, spec/mileage/history etc, you could almost t*ss a coin to decide between those two cars IMHO.  Both beautiful, and you're guaranteed to enjoy either one of them equally :thumbsup_anim:

For what it's worth, if I had to choose, I'd go for number one.  But then again, I own a Cayman, so my views are pretty much ignored around here :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

The wife prefers the Rhodium Silver so that's decided😏

It's also an OPC car so comes with the 2 year warranty. It's now reserved for me so a long journey tomorrow to inspect and test drive. Hope itsas good as it looks on the video🤞

Enjoy. I've heard 2nd hand that a 3 year warranty (might be renewal) is possible. Wouldn't hurt to ask them if they can do that, if the option exists.

18 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Enjoy. I've heard 2nd hand that a 3 year warranty (might be renewal) is possible. Wouldn't hurt to ask them if they can do that, if the option exists.

Yep they have confirmed that for an additional £500 I can get 3 years warranty. Will try to negotiate this into the deal, but as they have already come up £2,500 on my px it maybe challenging, but worth a try.

21 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

GT looks different in different lighting definitely...

As far as the additional 3rd year warranty, taking it now will save you money (if your buying it to keep 3 yrs) compared to the cost of renewal, and the hassle in 2yrs time

Despite what I've said about the warranty in the past I'd suffer the smallish amount of £500 for peace of mind in yr 3

22 hours ago, Davey P said:

I was thinking the same thing... All things being equal, spec/mileage/history etc, you could almost t*ss a coin to decide between those two cars IMHO.  Both beautiful, and you're guaranteed to enjoy either one of them equally :thumbsup_anim:

For what it's worth, if I had to choose, I'd go for number one.  But then again, I own a Cayman, so my views are pretty much ignored around here :lol:

I though it was the same car taken from both sides at different times having skimmed through the first post.

He lost my ability to concentrate when he mentioned 'pulling his trigger' and if he had started banging on about scratching something I would have simply closed the page  :laugh:

It wasn't until I read a bit further I realised they were different cars.

Sooo, listen to the wife about colour AND take the 3rd year on the warranty after haggling it inclusive.

Then get out there and drive, Health to enjoy whatever you decide :)

On 9/15/2021 at 1:59 PM, JurassicGTS said:

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on one of two cars.

Rhodium Silver with red top

GT Silver with red top

Not sure which colour I prefer, possibly the Rhodium with the red works better?

What are the key things to check?

What are the latest maps, can they be updated if I try to get the OPC to update as part of the deal?

12b3e97bd8134f89a3980711ead4294e.jpg

Rhodium is the best and the fastest ……

especially when it’s attached to a 991TTS 🤣 but I may be biased 

4 hours ago, Patt said:

The Gt silver looks dull when parked next to Rhodium.

The Rhodium as a slight blue pearl to it, shown more in direct sunlight.

get the fek out of here!

GT is 'magical' when on a clean car, shows more than one variation of shade in different lighting scenarios...especially a sunny day...often looks like liquid metal (go on laugh at me) which is hard to capture in a photo but

2021_06_12-graffiti-wall-18.jpg

2021_06_12-graffiti-wall-35.jpg

3 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

Rhodium is the cheaper option if you spent all your money on a new 991TTS 🤣 but I may be biased 

• Haha 2

What an interesting day!

Our original choice of car from an OPC.

Had 3 owners when advertised as 1!

3 years and 20k miles between last service.

Not quite the spec I had assumed.

Lots of stone chips.

Goodyear tyres.

Just looked☹

Decided to give it a miss and go for the GT Silver, so a dash across Country and wow!

A beautiful, clean one owner example in GT Silver with full red leather that looked so much better in real life than in the photos, original paint and no stone chips. The Sport Chrono clock just set everything off...I was sold.

Full service history and just been serviced by Porsche Reading.

Brand new N rated Pirellis.

The only thing missing on the spec is DAB radio.

Total documented history including the original build sheet in the owners name.

Then the test drive. Just incredible, the sound track was awesome and I don't think I have ever driven a car that felt so together. Even my wife loved driving it. How much these have come on since my 986 Boxster S.

An additional £1k on my F-Type px over the OPC offer and the deal was done.

Only comments I could make were a slight kerb nick on the nsr wheel, which will be done, tatty looking exhaust tips and some soiling on the silver grey seat belts so some advice on cleaning of these will be sought.

Really happy and collection scheduled for next Wednesday, just before our local PCGB weekend meeting. Do I take the Macan GTS or the Boxster S now🤔

As new owners are always asked to post pictures, here it is again!

Edited by JurassicGTS
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

What an interesting day!

Our original choice of car from an OPC.

Had 3 owners when advertised as 1!

3 years and 20k miles between last service.

Not quite the spec I had assumed.

Lots of stone chips.

Goodyear tyres.

Just looked☹

Decided to give it a miss and go for the GT Silver, so a dash across Country and wow!

A beautiful, clean one owner example in GT Silver with full red leather that looked so much better in real life than in the photos, original paint and no stone chips. The Sport Chrono clock just set everything off...I was sold.

Full service history and just been serviced by Porsche Reading.

Brand new N rated Pirellis.

The only thing missing on the spec is DAB radio.

Total documented history including the original build sheet in the owners name.

Then the test drive. Just incredible, the sound track was awesome and I don't think I have ever driven a car that felt so together. Even my wife loved driving it. How much these have come on since my 986 Boxster S.

An additional £1k on my F-Type px over the OPC offer and the deal was done.

Only comments I could make were a slight kerb nick on the nsr wheel, which will be done, tatty looking exhaust tips and some soiling on the silver grey seat belts so some advice on cleaning of these will be sought.

Really happy and collection scheduled for next Wednesday, just before our local PCGB weekend meeting. Do I take the Macan GTS or the Boxster S now🤔

As new owners are always asked to post pictures, here it is again!