Boxster for sale on Autotrader

Virglas

22 hours ago, Virglas said:

In the end offered him £10.5k if he got the issues sorted or £8k as it stood…..texted him today to see if he’d had any thoughts and he’s blocked me!

Probably tells you all you need to know.  Priced as a sorted car but actually needs work and he won't drop the price to recognise this.

• 2 weeks later...

987.1 Boxsters still achieving strong money. Auction just finished on collecting cars

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2005-porsche-987-boxster-s-2

90k miles. £10,250 plus 6% buyers premium.  Webuyanycar car was only £7,425

Edited by mark-yorkshire
Typo

11 hours ago, And.rs1800 said:

That looks a nice car for under 11 grand.

It did look nice and the condensers and coolant pipes had been done. Service history was good. Probably just needed new discs and pads plus a clutch at some early point. I imagine a new exhaust and suspension refresh would not have been too far off. 

Edited by mark-yorkshire

On 3/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, mark-yorkshire said:

987.1 Boxsters still achieving strong money. Auction just finished on collecting cars

Amazed at how many Boxster’s on CC recently that do not have PCM/Nav option

On 3/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, mark-yorkshire said:

These are still impressive cars. The text of the Advertisement is nicely written - almost worth copying in case I ever decide to sell ( highly unlikely ).

• 9 months later...
39 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Are those wheels originals....?

There’s something odd about the look of these wheels, look at them side by side to other ‘OE’ turbo design wheels!

The the spokes join the rim the recess is flat, on Google images the recess is not, it’s should be a continuous smooth join.

Only reason I’m querying it as I do not recall my 997 TT wheels looking like those in the Boxster image 

@Stuart21UK do you have close ups you can compare?

Edited by r1flyguy

8 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Did you read from the start of the thread?

I read many threads, I do not read all these threads from the start all over again 🤣 just saw the comment I quoted from and having re-read it I see what you mean but I still won’t keep reading threads from the start as I’ll just claim I’m senile 😁

Edited by r1flyguy

30 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

There’s something odd about the look of these wheels, look at them side by side to other ‘OE’ turbo design wheels!

The the spokes join the rim the recess is flat, on Google images the recess is not, it’s should be a continuous smooth join.

Only reason I’m querying it as I do not recall my 997 TT wheels looking like those in the Boxster image 

@Stuart21UK do you have close ups you can compare?

oh how precious I used to be with cleaning the car...

sG3XaU5.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

oh how precious I used to be with cleaning the car...

sG3XaU5.jpg

Does look good 👍🏻 

18 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

its not the kerbs, more the stone chips and water getting under the lacquer

Yes I also noticed a bit of that on my previous car with diamond cut wheels and did a bit of DIY to sort the lacquer spots.

Edited by iborguk

1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

I read many threads, I do not read all these threads from the start all over again 🤣 just saw the comment I quoted from and having re-read it I see what you mean but I still won’t keep reading threads from the start as I’ll just claim I’m senile 😁

Are you close to being called an imbecile ...again? ;)

On 2/9/2022 at 11:11 PM, Codfanglers said:

Old Porsches are nothing magical, just an old car with the same faults, wear and age related problems many 15 year old cars will have. People tend to sell cars when they need money spending on them

Spend your money wisely, don't get carried away or pay over the odds, a "market correction" won't be far away. I would love a 2011 987.2 Cayman S with all the toys, but would it be "worth" four times what my 2007 2.7 cost?

16 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Are you close to being called an imbecile ...again? ;)

Very possibly until I saw the above post and thought ‘that just about sums up a £15k 550’ 🤣

What say you @EXY 😁

Edited by r1flyguy