Blades on coloured key keep chipping

TheUnderfiend

2 hours ago, TheUnderfiend said:

Thanks for the offer, the pink would go nicely with my nose!

LOL - I bought them to put on a key for the Mrs as she wrecked the painted covers just lobbing it in her handbag without the leather cover.

But she said they looked shyate!

31 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

I just ordered 2 (red & silver) for my key via an ebay seller, I offered £7.00 plus vat for each and they accepted so I now have two set of shells coming from China for a grand total of £16.80!

Wow, what a bargain, being a bit sad I like the idea of being able to change the shell colours

23 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Go to the OPC and suggest 'not of merchantable quality' or 'defective materials/workmanship'.  Both under Sale of Goods Act.

Thanks, that's great info, I have pinged them this morning, when (if) they come back to me I'll use this, I appreciate it.

The newer keys have a different key ring loop.  It's more internal than sticky out.

I've had cheap silver on my key for about 5 years with no issues. The only issue is getting the top cover to fit correctly, the side "blades" always snap straight in.

Now changed to "pink pig" as I also needed to replace the rubber buttons cover too.

On 8/9/2022 at 12:03 PM, ½cwt said:

Go to the OPC and suggest 'not of merchantable quality' or 'defective materials/workmanship'.  Both under Sale of Goods Act.

My OPC has just got back to me and, in writing, have admitted it's a known fault, so I'm asking for a refund based on your intel.

It'll be interesting to see how this progresses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheUnderfiend said:

My OPC has just got back to me and, in writing, have admitted it's a known fault, so I'm asking for a refund based on your intel.

It'll be interesting to see how this progresses.

Good luck, sounds encouraging.

36 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

I think painting is crazy for such a product for exactly this reason.  Should be solid coloured plastic.

Leave it to aftermarket to offer pork chops and Gulf colours :) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255319811903?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=BCrk2xUnTfK&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=N4q1bEX5R42&var=555299004214&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

Red carbon mmmmm

£70 though

s-l1600.jpg

If it is proper carbon or may be a glass fibre weave with the tinted resin, but at least the colour won't chip off.

so my Chinese ebay blades arrived today, ordered 9/8/2022, arrived 8 days later from China

two sets for a total of £16.80!

how do they do it??

old non-OEM blade showing blue underneath, where its worn

2EJZw3W.jpg

two new sets

n5t1vnL.jpg

Silver

MezcvNT.jpg

Red (that I've gone with for a change, that kinda matches the interior 🤣 )

I've not replaced the centre portion, leaving the OEM metal (?) bit

MllZXkQ.jpg

perfect fit and cheap enough to change when worn!

1 hour ago, Stuart21UK said:

so my Chinese ebay blades arrived today, ordered 9/8/2022, arrived 8 days later from China

two sets for a total of £16.80!

how do they do it??

They look great, I'm going to get a couple, although I'm seeing the best price at £11.77 a set so I'll 'watch' them for a bit and see if I get a better discount as well. Do you have to leave a message to get the colours you want?

Edited by TheUnderfiend

7 minutes ago, TheUnderfiend said:

They look great, I'm going to get a couple, although I'm seeing the best price at £11.77 a set so I'll 'watch' them for a bit and see if I get a better discount as well. Do you have to leave a message to get the colours you want?

this is the link to the ones I got

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254203613334?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=wR-8FgRNQBi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=7pI4UR04QXO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE

and I made an offer of £7 per set (plus vat) that was accepted