Thoughts on this car?

hopz121

11 hours ago, ½cwt said:

A dealer has to earn a wage and cover himself for any immediate after sales work, a private seller does not, but caveat emptor.

Of course,but still a hefty mark up unless they did lots of work prior to sale.

I’ take my chances with a  private sale and bank the three grand for any unforeseen issues

the warranty will only be three months 

my main issue would be them putting the price up by a grand after it was advertised.

I know they can do what  they choose as it’s their car to sell,but that goes against the grain for me

Edited by And.rs1800

Maybe it went through prep and they found a grands worth of work. My car had a lot of work done prior to sale inc new aircon rads and some other stuff I can't remember.

Still say you can't buy that spec car for 12 privately. Unless you fall on a real bargain. Assuming there is such a thing these days. 

When I bought my first one - bout 3 years ago - that car would've been 10 grand tops. And it would've been on autotrader forever.

44 minutes ago, JonSta said:

Great price, I’d have bought it for the exhaust alone but the rest of the spec is decent too.

Near me,a garage has a 370z for sale,3 months ago it was around £17k ...... now its -

Car Sales (comptondundongarage.co.uk)

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, JonSta said:

Shame about the heated seats but seems good value for money, 20,000 less miles too. Shows how expensive the speed yellow one actually is!  

34 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Spec sounds good - although why say things like never driven in the wet - what a load of BS in the U.K. climate 

And would beg the question if it's ever been washed?  Or was it given the once over with an oily rag.

Having said that, I did have a car once that wasn't driven in the rain apart from getting caught out twice and again once in snow.  Then again it didn't have a windscreen.  Or side windows.  Or doors.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moospeed said:

And would beg the question if it's ever been washed?  Or was it given the once over with an oily rag.

Having said that, I did have a car once that wasn't driven in the rain apart from getting caught out twice and again once in snow.  Then again it didn't have a windscreen.  Or side windows.  Or doors.

But this one has had 5 owners so the chances of it never being in the rain? 

no doors? Mini moke?

On 9/9/2022 at 4:24 PM, Mattman42 said:

But this one has had 5 owners so the chances of it never being in the rain? 

no doors? Mini moke?

Fisher Fury.  I only needed the crash hat on track, on the road I just used Wiley X protective glasses.  My hairstyle is waterproof 🧑🏼‍🦲

2007-04-23-27.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moospeed said:

Fisher Fury.  I only needed the crash hat on track, on the road I just used Wiley X protective glasses.  My hairstyle is waterproof 🧑🏼‍🦲

2007-04-23-27.jpg

Now that looks like an awesome piece of kit! Although my wife would never allow me to wear a red helmet with an orange car - clashes far too much!! 🤣😜

21 hours ago, Paul P said:

Druid’s ? 

That’s the one, or on the approach to it at least.

I’d just overtaken that 911 just before Paddock Hill and I can remember laughing a bit to myself thinking “I’ve just beaten a Porsche in something I built in the shed”.

Little did I know that the photographer chose that point to take a photo, and also that one day I’d actually own a Porsche myself.  Seemed very unlikely at the time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Now that looks like an awesome piece of kit! Although my wife would never allow me to wear a red helmet with an orange car - clashes far too much!! 🤣😜

It is a horrible clash, even if it is a bit of a Dainese classic lid.

My current helmet is black which would’ve been far better looking.

• Haha 1