Hello from a new 987 owner. :)

westyxxx

I've been a lurker for a while but picked up my 987.2 Boxster 2.9 PDK yesterday, so popped in to say 'Hi'. :)

Had a Macan SD a few years ago and it had quite a few niggles so largely got a 718 Boxster/Cayman as a courtesy car.  Couldn't run to a 718 as a second car but the 987 seemed good value.

It's Basalt Black, 19" wheels, full heated leather, MFSW, rain sensor, sat nav and probably something I've forgotten. Plus FSH, a new MOT, headlights polished, wheels balance and tracking done.

Loving it so far! Only issue is I can't seem to connect my phone to the PCM, tried many, many times but it keeps failing!

956BA949-933F-4C1D-A014-60587F510EA4.jpg

DBDDAE87-A6A3-48E6-B0F9-795BCC25CA02.jpg

2A98C44A-D6B3-4E87-A844-80D69563AD3F.jpg

2DEA7637-814E-49FB-A9FD-5534D9E85303.jpg

Welcome, great car, truly shyatee ICE system. Mine is hooked up but it is so unintuitive I can never remember how to answer if someone does have the audacity to call me when I am driving.

• Haha 1

Welcome! Looks good!  A lot of people swap out the headunit for a Pioneer or Kenwood double-DIN model which gives you full Apple CarPlay / Android Auto.  Depending on whether or not you have Bose speakers can make it a little pricier as you need adapters but generally it's a pretty good value solution and freshens the car up.

2 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

(Is no-one going to disparage him for the state of his front garden fence?)

It gets worse - Check out the wheel centre caps......... Oh dear God, can somebody please BAN HIM!!! (or alternatively, just turn the logos to point towards the tyre valves) :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

It gets worse - Check out the wheel centre caps......... Oh dear God, can somebody please BAN HIM!!! (or alternatively, just turn the logos to point towards the tyre valves) :lol:

I had the same issue with a couple of my wheel centre caps - and a very unhappy looking passenger side windscreen wiper. 

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Car looks great. The 987.2 is excellent value, welcome aboard.

(Is no-one going to disparage him for the state of his front garden fence?)

Suspect it may not be his fence.. 🤔

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

Easy boys, new owner, just needs schooling in Porsche/BoXa ways, or he can ignore them if he prefers.  At least he has no issue with posting good pics from day one. 👍

@westyxxx welcome, and you have a very nice looking car.  Time to update 'My Ride' on your profile, also add your location so others can offer relevant help and advice if you wish to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome and nice car!

re: PCM 3.0 bluetooth, what phone do you have? and what mode does it show on the PCM, either remote sim access profile or hands free profile (rSAP or HFP)

Your phone will be connectable but may require settings to be changed with PIWIS.

Thanks for the welcome all.

Apologies for the wheel centres alignment and no, unfortunately that's not my fence... :)

PCM bluetooth is odd, it's shown as 'PCM' and also sometimes 'Handsfree' on my phone when trying to connect - just picked up a new iPhone 14 Pro.

34 minutes ago, westyxxx said:

Apologies for the wheel centres alignment

Think yourself lucky you didn't show the car parked on a block paving driveway with weeds mate... I've done that before, and now nobody speaks to me on here...... :lol:

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Think yourself lucky you didn't show the car parked on a block paving driveway with weeds mate... I've done that before, and now nobody speaks to me on here...... :lol:

Your weeds weren’t the reason….l 😂

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:04 PM, westyxxx said:

Only issue is I can't seem to connect my phone to the PCM, tried many, many times but it keeps failing!

My old Sony 'phone never used to connect to mine.  That was a known 'phone problem but there will be others with the same.  Try your sim in another 'phone before getting rid.  Failing that, I think you can put a full size sim in the slot on the PCM.

Nice looking car.  My last was a triple black 987.2. B)

2 hours ago, westyxxx said:

... just picked up a new iPhone 14 Pro.

Then I'm guessing your problem is the technology is 15 years apart. 

• Like 1

Try pairing the phone / car the other way around.  Rather than car look for phone try phone look for car or vice Versa

on my second 987.2 and third iPhone ( not a 14) but never had an issue. 

it will only work for phone calls though. Not music playback.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul P said:

Try pairing the phone / car the other way around.  Rather than car look for phone try phone look for car or vice Versa

on my second 987.2 and third iPhone ( not a 14) but never had an issue. 

it will only work for phone calls though. Not music playback.  

Wot he said (and I was using mine with a 13)

Edited by iborguk

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

Nothing to do with the weeds, it's because you have a steel roof that doesn't open, dear chap.

• Haha 1