2009 Porsche Boxster S 3.4 (310bhp) 3436cc PDK - £16,995

Gramps

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

It is in Northern Ireland (but seems to be on a Merseyside/Manchester reg plate) which might affect the price.  How are prices over your side of the water @EXY?

Price looks about right, that dealer is about 2 miles from where I work. They seem to get a few SOR's, not sure if this is one of them.

This would be my car site of choice and should give you a handle on NI prices, just noticed a couple of 2.5's on there the 2017 looks lovely;

https://www.usedcarsni.com/search_results.php?make=23&model=4497&keywords=&fuel_type=0&trans_type=0&age_from=0&age_to=0&price_from=0&price_to=0&user_type=0&mileage_to=0&body_style=0&distance_enabled=0&distance_postcode=&distance_enabled=0&homepage_search_attr=1&tab_id=0&search_type=1

15 hours ago, TROOPER88 said:

Was trying to sell one of these recently for a member of the Porsche group I am the tech for.

It was a 2010 in Black and manual, FSH, good spec etc

Could not get 16k and as such, it is in storage till the Spring. 

Jeez, I paid more than that for my '07 S in summer and the price was 'good' compared to what was out there...

It was 45k miles when I bought it. I did filter out cars over 50k miles on AT and PH; it's going to be a daily driver, currently doing 2 or three lots of 60miles a week. It'll add up fast...

Also the blue paint and grey leather plus PSE and at a dealer I knew personally (with borescope done and warranty) meant it made sense at that price. 

I paid top dollar no doubt, but there were others up around £20k!

On 10/26/2022 at 6:15 PM, TROOPER88 said:

Was trying to sell one of these recently for a member of the Porsche group I am the tech for.

It was a 2010 in Black and manual, FSH, good spec etc

Could not get 16k and as such, it is in storage till the Spring. 

I have checked the "For Sale" section back as far as July and can’t find your advertisement. 

This one from Jun but is more than £16k

On 10/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, EXY said:

I have checked the "For Sale" section back as far as July and can’t find your advertisement. 

This one from Jun but is more than £16k

I do not advertise on this site very much, not a big enough audience unfortunately. 

The car in question was put on a reserve auction in my final attempt to sell, it reached 12.5k......

13 years old and £17k. If you look back in time a 2004 986S in 2017 was around £9k. Either there's a long way still to go down or 986 criminally undervalued. 

I suspect the 986 became criminally undervalued as there were newer models with no older model around, so the 987 should not drop quite so low for better than average examples and I think it would be unlikely for 986 and 987 prices to invert, at least not for a very long time. 

I look up 986 S prices from time to tome and they now seem to be about £1k more for a similar car than when I bought mine just over 4 years ago but still available at the higher end of sub £6k, where I paid £4850 and bear in mind these are now 22 years old, not 18 years old as mine was at the time.