2009 Porsche Boxster S 3.4 (310bhp) 3436cc PDK - £16,995

Gramps

17 hours ago, TROOPER88 said:

People think that this means the cars are rubbish but this is not the case. Humans like easy, hassle free transactions and as such business is booming for WBAC and as a result BCA. 

Maybe the cars are OK but steer clear of the vans  :laugh:

1 hour ago, Codfanglers said:

Assume that's a trade-in that is too old for Listers to retail.

Weren't independent dealers moaning last year that WBAC / BCA / Cinch were scewing the market by cutting dealers out?  They accused WBAC of paying more than trade price, Cinch charging less than retail and the independents not getting a sniff of the better cars that traders would otherwise have put through BCA?

Predictions of where prices are going,(or whatever WBAC pricing model takes into account of) could have changed if they are now only offering £9150 for an "easy deal" on a Gen2 BoxsterS.

Yes, this is correct.

I don’t want to jeopardise my membership of BCA by giving away too much info but the Cayman sold to a Billinghurst dealer who those who frequent this site regularly will know.

It is a stunning example. 

53 minutes ago, TROOPER88 said:

Yes, this is correct.

I don’t want to jeopardise my membership of BCA by giving away too much info but the Cayman sold to a Billinghurst dealer who those who frequent this site regularly will know.

Let me help you out, Mortimer's ;)

• Like 1

Totally off topic but I don't know if the model has changed but when speaking with a few small ish dealers ie barn or lock up for stock and selling from a very small pitch or home, I've had it said to me on multiple occasions that they have 'agreements' with local dealers or dealer groups for stock. They basically get called first but there is little leeway in the price or choice in what they buy. If the small time dealer gets picky then they lose the supply and somebody else will pick it up. 

1 hour ago, TROOPER88 said:

Yes, this is correct.

Do spill so we can all gag when it appears on Mortimers website as a one-off opportunity to acquire such a car at £23,990.

3 minutes ago, Codfanglers said:

Do spill so we can all gag when it appears on Mortimers website as a one-off opportunity to acquire such a car at £23,990.

Afraid I can not do it :(

I use BCA a lot and value my membership.

It will be advertised for more than your guess.

2 hours ago, TROOPER88 said:

Yes, this is correct.

Did you consider the price it went for the bargain of a lifetime or fair all things considered?

1 hour ago, Codfanglers said:

...and it's a 2007 S, so we can tell everyone don't buy it, it's guaranteed to bore-score :D 

Though I guess it's a bit difficult to score the engine if it's hardly ever driven.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JonSta said:

Might be a nice low mileage car but poverty spec according to the ad. To me that's worth somewhere between 16 and 20k right now.

I'd agree.

But if I was inclined to pay a good 50% more than a car was worth, I wouldn't buy one from a cow shed in the middle of nowhere.

Of course all!

I've seen at least 3 on here over the last 10 years. So it's guaranteed.  Your car is worthless. It will need an engine replacement for a total cost that you could have spent on 2 Ferraris. Which means your children, and your children's children, will all be forced to live on the streets and die of hunger.

An engine builder told me that, so it's FACT.

Unless you buy their magnetic sump plug.  Then you're OK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Of course all!

I've seen at least 3 on here over the last 10 years. So it's guaranteed.  Your car is worthless. It will need an engine replacement for a total cost that you could have spent on 2 Ferraris. Which means your children, and your children's children, will all be forced to live on the streets and die of hunger.

An engine builder told me that, so it's FACT.

Unless you buy their magnetic sump plug.  Then you're OK.

Trainspotting Begbie GIFs | Tenor

21 minutes ago, Codfanglers said:

I'd agree.

But if I was inclined to pay a good 50% more than a car was worth, I wouldn't buy one from a cow shed in the middle of nowhere.

a car is worth what someone is willing to pay - not what we think it should be.

Someone will see that as a low mileage and therefore low risk entry point into Porsche ownership or someone with more cash will add it to their collection as a future investment.

Lets face it, the dealers are doing what they are setup to do - make money - they may sell it within days for £30k or hold it for months and sell for less, but they still have to cover their bills, same as any company

• Like 1