Crayon....

M12MTR

Howdy all.

So, colour is very personal and subjective obviously. 

But, is Crayon desirable? What do folk think of it?

I cannot make my mind up. In some light it looks great, in others it looks very dull, primer-like with a green hue.

Interested in your thoughts.

1 minute ago, Paul P said:

I liked it when I first saw it but it seems to be everywhere. 

I would have it but I wouldn’t seek it out and I don’t think it will age well.  

Cause you're feeling the Blues. As am I.

It is true very subjective and personal.  The current (new order) colours I don’t think give a huge choice and most are uninspiring.

I originally went for Gentian. Then briefly flirted with Aventurine but it was too close to Agate, which although nice I had on my 981S.  I also liked shark and thought that crayon suited the car quite well so it was selected on regular visits to the configurator. It does seem quite popular and I don’t think is a bad choice.  If you like it, go for it.

I finally locked in my spec yesterday and have gone for Arctic Grey after the help with my decision from @JurassicBGTS 👍

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JurassicBGTS said:

I love it😍😍😍😍 but I am biased😁

Yep, same biased opinion here too

• Like 1

I don’t like it, boring.  Not quite as bad as the widespread battleship grey that every manufacturer has a version of but bad all the same.  I’ve had a couple of courtesy cars in it, wife hates it. One of the few colours I would actively avoid.…..but as you say very personal so who cares what I think….but you did ask.

8 hours ago, Greenman said:

I don’t like it, boring.  Not quite as bad as the widespread battleship grey that every manufacturer has a version of but bad all the same.  I’ve had a couple of courtesy cars in it, wife hates it. One of the few colours I would actively avoid.…..but as you say very personal so who cares what I think….but you did ask.

As you say colour is very personal. However I get far more "I love that colour" comments than I ever did in my GT Silver.

• Like 1

Agree colour is totally down to personal taste - Crayon reminds me of the colour of filler - sorry but artic grey reminds me of the first vehicle i drove, a Ferguson T20 tractor 🤣. Guards Red is obviously the best ( my Boxster is Carrera White metallic) ! 😄

not for me. i like my colours to be, y'know, colourful... blue is a colour. red is a colour. heck black and white are colours. grey is an anti-colour!

i used to have a silverstone grey 350z, which i called drizzle grey. crayon grey for me is kinda a dull cloudy grey...

Apparently Fiat are not going to sell grey cars anymore.  Can only be a good thing, I looked up my road the other day and it is a sea of black, silver and grey suvs and dull hatchbacks.  The future needs to be more colour, lots of people choose colours for resale and not what they really like. Be bold, get the colour you want, you're already wasting loads of money buying a new car, why not waste a bit more.

• Like 1

For a salesman's motorway hack it's fine.

For a sports car which should be represent a bit of fun - should have some colour at least.   Doesn't have to be full on like the tw*ts in yellow cars but Murky Silver? Primer Grey? Invisible Durge?   Those colour codes shouldn't even be allowed on the options list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, moospeed said:

For a salesman's motorway hack it's fine.

For a sports car which should be represent a bit of fun - should have some colour at least.   Doesn't have to be full on like the tw*ts in yellow cars but Murky Silver? Primer Grey? Invisible Durge?   Those colour codes shouldn't even be allowed on the options list.

I'm going to go against the consensus here and say I would prefer Crayon to Gentian, any green at all, yellow.....even possibly Guards Red

Edited by Stuart21UK
  • Like 1