Wet leg..,

greenman986s

Yes there is a plastic duct that runs under the steering column. I first experienced this a few years ago driving in Europe. The water condensates on the outside of the duct and drips onto your ankles. 

• Thanks 1

I had an xj-s years ago.

They had a habit of the a/c drains blocking (they were above the exhausts.  Jag theory was when you parked up and the drains dripped they would evaporate on the exhausts and you wouldn’t get the puddle under the car - bear in mind this was a 1986 car …. )

when they blocked the condensate would back up into the fan housing and the first sign you would get was the cold condensate getting picked up by the fans on a roundabout - sudden shower of cold water from the dash vents focused your attention - even more than the rear wheels trying to overtake the front  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paul P said:

I had an xj-s years ago.

They had a habit of the a/c drains blocking (they were above the exhausts.  Jag theory was when you parked up and the drains dripped they would evaporate on the exhausts and you wouldn’t get the puddle under the car - bear in mind this was a 1986 car …. )

when they blocked the condensate would back up into the fan housing and the first sign you would get was the cold condensate getting picked up by the fans on a roundabout - sudden shower of cold water from the dash vents focused your attention - even more than the rear wheels trying to overtake the front  

Again, don't get caught wear light colour trousers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paul P said:

even more than the rear wheels trying to overtake the front

11 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Again, don't get caught wear light colour trousers.

I think you will find it's brown trousers when axle swapping is on the cards :nonono:

16 minutes ago, EXY said:

I think you will find it's brown trousers when axle swapping is on the cards :nonono:

Yes, but the 'brown' only shows up on light coloured trousers....

• Confused 1