What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

5 hours ago, map said:

Er I washed it and cleaned the interior - for the few of you that have met me and seen my car you'll know this is worthy of recording.....

What brought on such infelicitous behaviour? 

16 hours ago, map said:

Er I washed it and cleaned the interior - for the few of you that have met me and seen my car you'll know this is worthy of recording.....

11 hours ago, Loz987 said:

What brought on such infelicitous behaviour? 

Absolutely, this was out of character ? behaviour  - appreciate your concern....

Oddly enough it was a four day trackday trip to Spa and a shared drive - roof down all the way and by sitting in the passenger seat for a few road stints I had time to realise it was all looking a bit meh - you know grubby/uncared for rather than daily driver/track "patina".

First time in 11 years of ownership that the leather on the dashboard and door cards got a clean beyond a wipe over with a damp cloth and then another first - I treated all the leather with conditioner.  Arguably the driver's seat needs some "out of the car" attention to make it 100%.

I won't be straying to Detailing World nor is the car going to be bothering a spray booth anytime soon - normal service is resumed - as you were.

Edited by map

3 hours ago, map said:

Absolutely, this was out of character ? behaviour  - appreciate your concern....

Oddly enough it was a four day trackday trip to Spa and a shared drive - roof down all the way and by sitting in the passenger seat for a few road stints I had time to realise it was all looking a bit meh - you know grubby/uncared for rather than daily driver/track "patina".

First time in 11 years of ownership that the leather on the dashboard and door cards got a clean beyond a wipe over with a damp cloth and then another first - I treated all the leather with conditioner.  Arguably the driver's seat needs some "out of the car" attention to make it 100%.

I won't be straying to Detailing World nor is the car going to be bothering a spray booth anytime soon - normal service is resumed - as you were.

I had high hopes for you,  young Skywalker .... until the last line ?

18 minutes ago, map said:

Sorry to have dashed them - if it helps it's more of a "Millennium Falcon" vibe car.  

I have a nicely patina on that boot lid for you - bird poo, tree fallout wood and plaster dust... It'll will colour match perfectly when you pick it up :lol:

4 hours ago, Patt said:

I have a nicely patina on that boot lid for you - bird poo, tree fallout wood and plaster dust... It'll will colour match perfectly when you pick it up :lol:

Crikey - forgot all about that....  sounds like it's ageing nicely though

Will pm you.

Changed the drivers side windows regulator and it now drops the correct amount when opening the door (Hallelujah) and finally changed the fuel filter. To me it looked to be the original item, so that was worth doing and not too tricky to change thankfully.

Then took her for a razz around the local country lanes to give her a bit of exercise.

1 hour ago, Eddy555 said:

Changed the drivers side windows regulator and it now drops the correct amount when opening the door (Hallelujah) and finally changed the fuel filter. To me it looked to be the original item, so that was worth doing and not too tricky to change thankfully.

Then took her for a razz around the local country lanes to give her a bit of exercise.

Good work, hope you avoided the petrol shower?

3 hours ago, Nobbie said:

Good work, hope you avoided the petrol shower?

Just got a soggy glove. I ran the engine and then took out the fuel pump fuse to try and get rid of most of the fuel in the line. Wasn't too bad a caught most of the spill in my oil drain pan. 

On 8/19/2018 at 9:40 AM, megapixelmike534@gmail.com said:

hi installed Kenwood KSC-SW11 SUB With Built In Amp …i found  it a very  a easy job..

makes a big difference  without going over the top,  now got a nice base  as i have only got dash speakers fitted…build quality  great quite heavy fits nice behind the passenger seat

?  @megapixelmike534@gmail.com I was looking at these too (having had experience from another car). Do you have any photos to show how well it fit? Was installation relatively straightforward?

On 8/20/2018 at 12:46 PM, mk1max said:

?  @megapixelmike534@gmail.com I was looking at these too (having had experience from another car). Do you have any photos to show how well it fit? Was installation relatively straightforward?

hi yes it was easy...you can tuck the wires upon the side of the tunnel  ...i used the the cig lighter for the live...under the seat there is a  bolt for the negative wire '''

a bad photo   cheers mike

IMG_0515_opt

@megapixelmike534@gmail.com; thanks very much! Did you attach it to the car at all?

Today I completely dismantled and reassembled my PCM 2 unit to fix a problem I was having with the screen and CD drive. I managed to fix the screen, but not sure the CD drive is quite how it should be (though I will miss that less!). It's good enough to postpone the soundsystem replacement for a bit longer!

RW1PwTf.jpg

4 hours ago, Eddy555 said:

Where did you fit the rear dash cam?

On the side of the wind deflector, it's slightly offset but still gives a good view with the roof up and down!

I routed the cable around the roll bars and down the firewall, along the passenger side (under the carpet) under the dash and back up via the passenger pillar, along the roof edge and back in to the plug on the front camera!

• Like 1