What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

8 minutes ago, Minirock said:

Tried on my new roof401A2769-0407-421A-BF7A-54BB195D7AA0.jpeg

Haven’t seen one of those in a good while. Think they were produced by a company in the West Country. 

How was it to install?

What’s it like when you’re driving?

Imagine the windows behind your shoulder give some useful visibility. 

1 hour ago, map said:

Haven’t seen one of those in a good while. Think they were produced by a company in the West Country. 

How was it to install?

What’s it like when you’re driving?

Imagine the windows behind your shoulder give some useful visibility. 

Easy to install.

only issue is the driver side Window is  small gap and giving alot of road noise? Any way to adjust?

E48E7033-E5F9-488C-85A6-2DAAE251B733.jpeg

Today's little enhancement job was polishing my disgusting exhaust 🙂

Before...

lCeCPlo.jpg

50/50...

uo9WDAC.jpg

Done...

dL3M1Yt.jpg

Very satisfying work and another thing that has been bugging me since I bought it 🙂😎

37 minutes ago, Stewart_H said:

Today's little enhancement job was polishing my disgusting exhaust 🙂

Before...

lCeCPlo.jpg

50/50...

uo9WDAC.jpg

Done...

dL3M1Yt.jpg

Very satisfying work and another thing that has been bugging me since I bought it 🙂😎

Looks good. Autosol?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Minirock said:

Tried on my new roof

401A2769-0407-421A-BF7A-54BB195D7AA0.jpeg

Hi

Nice roof. I wonder what it would look like with a round porthole (like the 60's T-Bird's) instead of the slightly uncomfortable triangle.

Berni

Hi

Sort of went backwards today. Discovered that my dripping Tiptronic fill plug as not actually dripping. This was after resealing it twice (the second time with much RTV).

It was a tiny weep in the metal just under the plug . Rust hole basically. Poked it with a screwdriver and it went straight through.

New sump ordered. Ugh. This will be the third time I have resealed the sump. What a pain. Must remember to order new fill and sump plugs.

Berni

6 hours ago, GmanB said:

Gotta love a PSE very nice! Great buffing. Did you high temp wax/seal it?

Thank you 👍🏻 I didn't seal it as I didn't know what would be best to use 🤔 I have some JetSeal 109, Zymol Carbon wax etc. in my arsenal but not sure if those would be suitable. Can you recommend any products?

2 hours ago, Stewart_H said:

Thank you 👍🏻 I didn't seal it as I didn't know what would be best to use 🤔 I have some JetSeal 109, Zymol Carbon wax etc. in my arsenal but not sure if those would be suitable. Can you recommend any products?

I recently purchased some Collinite 850, but have been far to lazy to apply it. Read some good reviews about it though. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Minirock said:

Easy to install.

only issue is the driver side Window is  small gap and giving alot of road noise? Any way to adjust?

E48E7033-E5F9-488C-85A6-2DAAE251B733.jpeg

Not sure if you’re asking about adjusting the window - if you are I wouldn’t because you’ll get the reverse of the problem when you use the soft top again. 

What I’d look at is moving the hardtop window seal away from the hardtop a little further towards the window edge and seeing if that closes closes the gap. 

14 hours ago, Berni29 said:

Hi

Sort of went backwards today. Discovered that my dripping Tiptronic fill plug as not actually dripping. This was after resealing it twice (the second time with much RTV).

It was a tiny weep in the metal just under the plug . Rust hole basically. Poked it with a screwdriver and it went straight through.

New sump ordered. Ugh. This will be the third time I have resealed the sump. What a pain. Must remember to order new fill and sump plugs.

Berni

How painful...nearly finished though Berni, it will be worth all the work in the end and you'll know every inch of the car is 100%👍

24 minutes ago, Theo86 said:

How painful...nearly finished though Berni, it will be worth all the work in the end and you'll know every inch of the car is 100%👍

Hi Theo

Thank you for your kind words. I guess so. I'm sooooo looking forwards to driving it again. Apart from picking it up have not really driven it properly.

It should be reasonably well sorted by the time I have finished, although many of the parts will not really contribute to the driving experience as such. Certainly the new sump will not! The suspension change will I hope!

All the best

Berni

5 hours ago, stevemag said:

Been for an "unnecessary " drive, first time the cars been out of the garage in 2020, brakes bedded in, car waxed.......again .......back in the garage 20200614_124802.jpg

Red interior with silver exterior is the best combo, defo in the want for my next Boxster 

22 hours ago, map said:

Not sure if you’re asking about adjusting the window - if you are I wouldn’t because you’ll get the reverse of the problem when you use the soft top again. 

What I’d look at is moving the hardtop window seal away from the hardtop a little further towards the window edge and seeing if that closes closes the gap. 

Pull out the seal and put some 6mm o ring cord into the groove to pack out the seal may work