What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Car back from Indy today.  Minor plus brake fluid change plus 6 coil packs.  Very relieved as only bought the Box in January and was worried more issues would turn up.  Anyone looking for an Indy in the south Lancs, Greater Manchester area I am well pleased with Unique Porsche.:thumbsup_anim:

Got the 986 passenger airbag deactivation coding done and the aftermarket switch fitted by Porschacare. Also had my exhaust clamps replaced.  Then took my toddler out for his first drive in daddy's car - he loved it!

Edited by kevs

Well the rain kept me in the garage today so I decided to take the front bumper off! Cleaned the radiators and pods out. I was really surprised how much muck came out. Gave the pods a good wash out before putting them back on. Made some grills to fit behind the bumper vents like Chris H1AVFC, now match my side vents which I did a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully I won't need to do this again for a good while.

Bumper back on tomorrow ?

Edited by CarlM

... Changed the oil. Got 10 liters "Mannol Esther 10 W 60" from Amazon for <40 quid. API SN 

Put some leather care onto the seats - they were bone dry

Wrecked the Porsche radio somehow while driving on the Autobahn. Not sure, how. The left know won't have a resistance any more, so it cannot be turned on :(

IMG_1263.JPG

Edited by hs0zfe
want to insert a photo

Received my new clear LED middle brake light today. Removed the old one and promptly lost the two rubber mounting sleeves as they fell down the back somewhere never to be seen again:o.  After this, I did some reading on the internet and found out to take care during removal....... dooohhh:wacko:. Currently held on by two lumps of hard working blue tac, doing a great job:). Went to the dealers and ordered two replacements.

Got my new rear spoiler into the paint shop, they quoted 30€ all in, so not too bad.

Currently out in the garage cleaning the interior. Permanent roof down motoring and the strong winds of late have dumped large amounts of dust and powder over everything. Now where is the Gliptone.....

• Like 1

Top tip of the day - if you order up the rubber screw holders that secure the covers under the frunk, ie the two stupidly long screws you need to undo to check your drain holes - the rubber bits the screws go into....they will do the same job and are less likely to go walk abouts too...

from a man who has been there ;-)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Patt said:

Top tip of the day - if you order up the rubber screw holders that secure the covers under the frunk, ie the two stupidly long screws you need to undo to check your drain holes - the rubber bits the screws go into....they will do the same job and are less likely to go walk abouts too...

from a man who has been there ;-)

Thanks for that will keep it in mind, already ordered replacements. It is a daft design, hopefully I manage, or the blue tac may become a permanent fixture :lol:.

Had a flickering headlight, swapped all bulbs from one side to the other and the flickering moved - so at least it wasn't the switch.

Replaced the LED side lights and problem fixed.

OEM carpet mat lost its sticky Velcro pad - sister to the rescue, and sewed it back in place

I have one of those too. keep screwing the frisking thing back in.

I have found if the matt is secure in both Velcro fittings, the screw in bit is much less likely to come unscrewed.

I couldn't see that it's any more than a self tapping screw style thing, ie nothing is missing from under the carpet.

I'm not willing no make another hole just yet !

1 hour ago, Blackbatchew said:

Treated the hood to autoglyms combined hood cleaner and fabric protector. Looking forward to some nice beading on the hood to go with the bodywork next time it rains 

Ooh I've just bought this, job to do on the weekend. How easy was it to use? Did you have to mask up the car? Cheers

12 hours ago, Sazzy said:

Ooh I've just bought this, job to do on the weekend. How easy was it to use? Did you have to mask up the car? Cheers

12 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

If you spray the protective coating on your are better to mask it up as it can stain.

I couldn't be bothered and just brushed it on with a clean paint brush. 

Worked a treat and zero mess?

I've done mine twice with AG. First time I sprayed the proofer on and it was a bit messy, second time I brushed it on like @Lonewolfgjp and it was much better. I felt I could work it in to the seams and folds better, got a bit of a drip on the leading edge by the windscreen but I just stuffed a piece of kitchen roll there and it caught any excess ?