What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Energiser Customs ltd searched on eBay £130 for the pair. Can't detect obvious play when they are out but can detect small play when you split the coffin arm end and pull/ push on the control arm. You wont believe how such little play can magnify into such an annoying knocking! ☺

13 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Snapped this... 10 yards from home, fortunately. 

E2AB5447-643B-40A1-A39A-BB3AA7F506D1.jpg

is it important? ?

(Joking...)

On the plus side the cars a little lower :) (maybe not all round though)

20 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

I think a roof scrub is in order @Loz987. But as for the spring.... ah just blu-tac it back on, it's fine.....;) Time for a H&R upgrade?

Good spot Jason, expecting Loz's next update is a good roof clean! :)

21 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Snapped this... 10 yards from home, fortunately. 

E2AB5447-643B-40A1-A39A-BB3AA7F506D1.jpg

is it important? ?

Nah, looks like something Timeteam dug up, can't be that important.

(Joking...)

Fixed the remote boot solenoid that snapped about 2 weeks ago ! Wheels off and cleaned including wheel archs, polished the whole lot and took the hardtop off ? Summers here ? Lol

Gave her a good de-coke on the way back from my sisters last night.  And EVERY time I go there I see Ben  (E4BRT) This time I slowed down for him and we enjoyed the roads for a while, much to the disappointment of an S2000 :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Took her to Zentrum Porsche Nottingham for the day, new clutch (including RMS replacement) and some other jobs. Drove really nicely on the way home, springy clutch and no more judder! 

Thanks to Mike for taking the time to talk through the work and showing me the nackered clutch afterwards  (was original at 108k miles)..

• Like 1

Today I made grills for my side vents, wanted to keep the original look to the car so I've fitted them behind the vent. Can't really notice them unless you look close, but will keep the crud out. Will do the same to the front grills probably when I take the bumper off to clean the rads out, unless they come out in the same way as the sides? 

Grills fitted in both pictures

IMG_0190_zpsmtpluyq2.jpgIMG_0189_zpsukocnfjk.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to jason986s buying my washer quadrants i was able to purchase these and get them fitted

IMG_0847_zpsca0rczsl.jpg

also picked some new side grills as the tabs were broken in a few places and for the price i just did both sides can't believe how grey looking the old ones were.

IMG_0853_zpsinoaibja.jpg

• Like 1

replaced this, another relatively cheap repair ignored by the previous owner

broken%20handbrake%20cover_zpsx1ldnc6r.j

finished up with this

new%20handbrake%20cover_zpst371whnx.jpg

changed the handbrake switch while i was in there 

handbrake%20switch_zpskacm8gp3.jpg

gave the inside and the console a good clean while it was in apart, 

repair and re dye the seats next

2 minutes ago, el 3.2S said:

Just bought a clear middle brake light. Look forward to getting home and fitting it, together with the spoiler:).

Make sure you update your progress thread with plenty of pics. I have intentions/plans to do the same (watching the brake light and have the spoiler to be painted in the garage).