What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

9 hours ago, myfirstboxster said:

Took out the quick shift kit and went back to the standard shift setup , just couldn't get away with it , I did fit the new bushes into the old assembly as there was a bit of slop in the old mechanism , feels much better now .

Strange, I fitted one last year and best mod I have done so far, what didn't you like?

2 hours ago, myfirstboxster said:

Just thought it had a "dead" feel to the gear change or it could just be me ! 

Ok, well if that's what you felt then obviously it's not for you, but think about it, the only real difference is it is longer on the bottom end so changing the leverage, I can't say I feel that with mine, but it's all subjective!

Cleaned mine and noticed several scratches on the boot. If it's the neighbours cat that's been sleeping on the roof and sliding down it then the cat might need rehoming!! ?

You're nearly there now.  Took mine for a nice drive and then gave it a clean in anticipation of fitting new discs and pads in the week and then getting the passenger airbag deactivation switch coding done at Porschacare.

Sorted out a very very annoying clunk on near side front. Trust me I have eliminated everything ...so I thought after another weekend trying a crow bar in everywhere, changed purchase so I wasn't lifting under the subframe,but pushing down on the subframe and saw movement, bolts were bloo.y Tight I thought , went with a few good turns using a breaker bar......Result all is good now.

58 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Sorted out a very very annoying clunk on near side front. Trust me I have eliminated everything ...so I thought after another weekend trying a crow bar in everywhere, changed purchase so I wasn't lifting under the subframe,but pushing down on the subframe and saw movement, bolts were bloo.y Tight I thought , went with a few good turns using a breaker bar......Result all is good now.

So which bolts did you tighten?  

Today I cleaned and protected my soft top. I cleaned it on Sunday too, but found some residual green stuff hanging on for dear life. Should be all gone now. Wake up to a super chipper smile?

7 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Today I cleaned and protected my soft top. I cleaned it on Sunday too, but found some residual green stuff hanging on for dear life. Should be all gone now. Wake up to a super chipper smile?

Seeing as you don;t ever have the top up, I'm surprised it wasn't mushrooms you found:unsure:

This evening, I removed the tombstone like standard rear spoiler and fitted a Chinese (lol) Cayman style one. More or less got it sitting right. Hopefully get it painted next week. Incredible delivery time, China to rural Spain in 6 days.