What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Today I have subjected her to a solo breakfast run over the moors to Toft Gate Barn Cafe.

308CD4AC-E5DB-4CA2-81D9-ECDD0813CBD3.jpg

I feel obliged to eat a full English breakfast seeing as I've inconvenienced her to such an extent. 

She looks so lonely:huh:

16 minutes ago, Loz987 said:

I'll bring my spare tomorrow Terry. You can try it for nothing and if it works out, it will save me sending it back, and give your story a happier ending ?

I really appreciate the offer Loz, but I am giving up, the unit worked for a day and then stopped, I don't want to pull that panel again or the wires, eventually something else is going to break. I am sending both mine back by courier on Monday through my business, if you want I'll put yours in as well, no point in sending it separately and paying postage. Talk tomorrow all being well!

i fixed the radio so it switches off now when i take out the key, was really simple but daunting when you are useless like me

5 minutes ago, mckennas said:

i fixed the radio so it switches off now when i take out the key, was really simple but daunting when you are useless like me

And impressively you made that rhyme!

Thought about cleaning it (again), then had a word with myself and just drove it. Had too many cars that I cleaned more than I drove them. This car is for driving. Roof down, no destination, just enjoyment ?

• Like 2

E30 rag top reminded me of some good times had in the 90s, too! 

Met a couple of 911 owners who were jolly friendly and might possibly join us on a breakfast run. ?

Roger and Rus 

996 C4S & 993 Coupe (interested in a Boxster for his house in the south of France) 

996 C4 tiptragic 

respectively. 

Edited by Loz987

i did my front discs and pads, caliper bolts were a pig 3 days soaking and quarter turn at a time, new caliper bolts and disc screws fitted

IMG_0873_zps1hojjsdj.jpg

also finally got my dodgey coil pack changed, rounded allen key bolt was a pig to get out must have took me 3 hours in between smoke breaks :-)

IMG_0875_zpsokbqh4en.jpg

Got my 2003 Boxster back at last after 32 days getting the damage caused by a slow reverse into my front wing in a car park rectified. They had to wait for a new front wing, and a couple of small brackets, and it looks a good paint match, although I note they've painted my nearside door as well as I presume blending paint on an old car isn't easy, especially Black! That cost around £2,000, and the (horrible A1800 Mercedes) courtesy car cost another £1600. I'm glad it was all paid for by her insurance with no involvement of mine! Can't wait to get it dirty again.....