What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

My Boxster took me and my daughter over to see my very elderly dad...........  It was nice to see him and nice to even have a bit of roof down action on the way home smack bang in the middle of winter.

Stripped all the front end down, removed subframe, because of an issue with two snapped anti roll bar bolts that I had badly drilled out and re threaded, basically a time bomb waiting to happen if they failed. Lots of new parts to go back coffin arms, struts, drop links etc. Only to find I've gone and bought the wrong Subframe!!!!!! Mines a 6 bolt fastening not a 4 bolt, possibly with it Being a late MY2002, pre facelift. So now I have to order the correct one, and now have a 4 bolt, that I spent an age getting it all shiny, if any body needs one.??

• Like 1

Admired mine from the app on my phone connected to my Security camera. Today I drove an insignia with the music turned up. It was like being 17 again...?

(I kept the windows closed however) 

6 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

55 miles round Cornwall, first time out since boxing day

Over 400 miles of coastline and you managed 55 miles? Did you break down? :unsure: 

On 1 January 2017 at 0:35 PM, bally4563 said:

Stripped all the front end down, removed subframe, because of an issue with two snapped anti roll bar bolts that I had badly drilled out and re threaded, basically a time bomb waiting to happen if they failed. Lots of new parts to go back coffin arms, struts, drop links etc. Only to find I've gone and bought the wrong Subframe!!!!!! Mines a 6 bolt fastening not a 4 bolt, possibly with it Being a late MY2002, pre facelift. So now I have to order the correct one, and now have a 4 bolt, that I spent an age getting it all shiny, if any body needs one.??

All all back together now, bit of a faff on your own, noticed whilst all apart a very slight split on one of the power steering hose ferrules, very minor, so gave it a jubilee clip, just for peace of mind, just have a cleaned up 4 bolt subframe to off load now, an MOT and good to go.

Bit late, but Thursday she had MOT. Was a bit worried as I got her with only 6 months MOT on, but it was instant love at first sight so I was helpless...

I knew I needed 2 back tyres and she moved about a bit at speed and has a bit of noise in front suspension but luckily enough she sailed through test and just needed the 2 rear tyres, phew!
Got Michelin pilot sport 4 - 265/35 18, stung a bit at £382, supplied fitted etc inc VAT

Had some old michelins on there which were badly worn, the difference in ride now is incredible, all the moving about beforehand must have been down to the tyres, oops me!
Seems to absolutely stick to the road going round corners in the wet as well, I'm very impressed.
Next job, a service At Cotswold I think and hopefully some good advice from Lee

Took her for a spin this afternoon, after the rain had stopped, roof down! Didn't need any heating or the seats on, was a lovely afternoon, incredible for mid January :)
Hadn't had roof down since mid November, forgotten how much better it is :)

4 minutes ago, MARINO said:

Wrote mine off... I wasn't driving,URL] my friend was.......DAMN!

20161229_111055_zps46lrnyxe.jpg

Oh sh1t, very nasty. Hope no one was hurt and your insurance covers other drivers.

• Like 1

No one hurt thank goodness. Yes insured fully comp. We had a really clean low miler and had recently spent £2000 on replacing the shocks, springs, bushes, droplinks front and rear. new discs and pads, handbrake cables and shoes and a full service. We've been offered the car back as part of the settlement.

1 hour ago, MARINO said:

Yes defo a write off. The insurance guy quoted £22000 to put it back on the road. Very wet greasy road conditions and the car went into a spin.

I think we need a 'sarcasm' font on here - though it would be in use most of the time. ;)  

It happens.  I hope you can use the experience to get in a better car and not lend it to you mates in future. :)