What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

5 hours ago, Topbox said:

@motosparkz how did you do it for £14, few here would  like to know I'm sure. Is it a new part, refurb, e-bay special or what, thanks.

Howdy,

BMW E46 washers have exactly the same jets. You just dremmel open the case they are in, pop some superglue in your case, (reason they blow out is the housing will have cracked) push it in making sure it is roughly at the right angle.

You can also get a large cable tie around your cracked housing to pull it in tight this sits below the trim & cant be seen but will help to hold onto your new jet. They look like this & are readily available, cheap fix :-) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-E46-3-Series-O-S-Drivers-Headlight-washer-Nozzles-99-06-ALL-MODELS-/291937591522?hash=item43f8d620e2:g:Uy8AAOSwuzRXc2aQ

Cheers, me!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Patt said:

This is such a common issue - top marks for your ingenuity sir.

If you can be bothered, I would suggest sticking a thread in the "how to" with that ebay link in, help others in the future.

Yes,and if you didn't take pictures during the event, then please take it apart and start again. ;)

Well done. B) 

8 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Can a mod change the thread title to "your" instead of "you're" my grammar nazi comes out every time I see it ?

Ha  ! thats my public school education for you, it did'nt make me hard, just a little al dente

............  and if you get the al dente reference , your posh too  :)

5 hours ago, Patt said:

This is such a common issue - top marks for your ingenuity sir.

If you can be bothered, I would suggest sticking a thread in the "how to" with that ebay link in, help others in the future.

No worries ,  I'll have a looksie at doing it over the weekend ,  nec bound tomorrow for the ccs

4 hours ago, Araf said:

Yes,and if you didn't take pictures during the event, then please take it apart and start again. ;)

Well done. B) 

Booger,  no piccies but easy enough to pop a light out & take some , & of the old cut up sacrificial bm jet

2 hours ago, Topbox said:

@motosparkz thanks. methinks you have become a BoXa.net legend mate. Nice one.

I wish lol ,  peeps have probably done this before ,  I was working on an old e46 a week or so ago & took a picture of the jet ,  looked mighty similar so took a punt for £14 & they are identical ,  happy days 

Think @roadrunner68 beat me to it with his Audi jets lol 

• Like 1

On 9 November 2016 at 8:06 PM, Mike G said:

Ha  ! thats my public school education for you, it did'nt make me hard, just a little al dente

............  and if you get the al dente reference , your posh too  :)

*didn't :D

ive just changed my fuel filter.

hard to believe that despite the full porsche and well known indy service history my car has it was still fitted with the original filter(date stamped march 2001)

the fuel i drained from the old filter was black and cutting it open it looked like an old oil filter!

the job is a bit of a faf but i can confirm the mahle filter i fitted(kl80)is identical to the porsche item,£18 from opie oils

7 minutes ago, banjo1 said:

ive just changed my fuel filter.

hard to believe that despite the full porsche and well known indy service history my car has it was still fitted with the original filter(date stamped march 2001)

the fuel i drained from the old filter was black and cutting it open it looked like an old oil filter!

the job is a bit of a faf but i can confirm the mahle filter i fitted(kl80)is identical to the porsche item,£18 from opie oils

Pig of a job, isn't it?  

I found the hardest part to be getting the 'tongue' of the filter bracket back in place.

5 minutes ago, cj225 said:

Pig of a job, isn't it?  

I found the hardest part to be getting the 'tongue' of the filter bracket back in place.

getting it out was the hardest bit,that earth strap needed some force.fitting the new one was very quick.taking the bracket off with the old filter and fitting to the new prior to fitting helps.

Finally got the 987 air box installed!!!!!!! Do not whomever tackles this job and break the crankcase breather, it's brittle as hard toffee and is absolute bast..d to do something with eventually resorted to 1/2" pipe and fittings coupled up with those tw*t of push on-fittings that you can barely see never mind work on-my arms and hands look like I do lion taming for a living!!!!

In comparison to fuel filters and air boxes, I've had an easy day with mine although I have been trying to resolve the issue if the wipers not working in the 944 Cab as well....

Partially installed my bargain buy in the Boxster.... I say partially as the arial lead in the Boxster is the standard size where as the new head unit is smaller so an adapter will be needed....

7B8EACF2-F8FB-4E44-91F0-62AE341A05A1_zps

It's the Becker head unit which is the usual Radio and CD of the CDR22 made for Porsche by Becker.... but this is also the Sat Nav version from the Rover 75 and it's a bargain price in comparison to the Porsche branded identical unit :D

22 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Finally got the 987 air box installed!!!!!!! Do not whomever tackles this job and break the crankcase breather, it's brittle as hard toffee and is absolute bast..d to do something with eventually resorted to 1/2" pipe and fittings coupled up with those tw*t of push on-fittings that you can barely see never mind work on-my arms and hands look like I do lion taming for a living!!!!

It's worth it though! 

Interesting to see if your fueling is ok afterwards. Mine was perfect till I installed the 996 TB and 987 airbox, then was running way too rich, so wasn't getting the most of the upgrades.