What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

1 hour ago, boxtaboy said:

Thanks guys. The closely placed letters started to really bother me after seeing how Porsche spaces them on their newer cars (I put my original set on before they started adding the letters to the 981 Boxster/Cayman). I still think the placement is too wide and too high up on the 981 from the factory, so I copied the spacing and curvature from the first gen Panamera, and put the letters 2" up from the trunk lid which is where the original Boxster emblem was. I thinks it looks well proportioned to the 986 trunk lid.

Looks much better, how much was the 'PORSCHE' lettering?

21 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Looks much better, how much was the 'PORSCHE' lettering?

I'm stateside and purchased from here:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PKPORSCHEEMB.html

They also have in black:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUEMBLA.html

Edited by boxtaboy

new front discs and pads fitted today.

replaced the texstar pads with brembo.

for anyone interested apart from the brembo logo in the centre the brembo pads are stamped texstar and all the part numbers are identical.

After yesterday, I owed her a good clean... 

so here is the product of my elbow grease?

A0621511-D67F-4584-94F3-D8FFB13B8357.png

above we have the before picture...

and below, the results of a little tlc????

C6413457-9BE6-4795-98A4-5CDCE2E0C441.jpg

Even dressed my rubber...

45FB9DCA-AE30-43F8-A48D-D4929EE6FD30.jpg

22 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Sorted injector No6 out, prattling around to check the rear spoiler with a view to getting it painted, posted on another thread as in why does it not work, now have all the spoiler assembly in bits, what I really wanted to do was sort the fuel sender out that's playing up, for another weekend methinks.

Sorted spoiler after ripping all to bits motor and everything out........Finally found faulty earth behind the binnacle......FFS !!!

34 minutes ago, Cossie Si said:

Is that one of the leather covers from eBay on your cubby lid? I have one on my 944 and might get one for the Box! looks good BTW!

It's a poor photo really as it was in the garage, I'm very happy with it lifts the interior no end.

Yes, the leather cover is from ebay, I used the same place for the gearstick gaiter.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/J-F-CUSTOMS/_i.html?_nkw=porsche+boxster+986+red&submit=Search&_sid=668506186

• Like 1

I

51 minutes ago, Cossie Si said:

Is that one of the leather covers from eBay on your cubby lid? I have one on my 944 and might get one for the Box! looks good BTW!

I have an alcantara one sat in the shed gathering dust.  I'll post it out for £7

1 hour ago, Patt said:

I have an alcantara one sat in the shed gathering dust.  I'll post it out for £7

Hi Patt, I have tried to PM but you're full to the brim...

Cheers, Baggers.

3 hours ago, Patt said:

try now chap, or email me direct:

patt 'at' ftos.co.uk

Ta. PM'd. :)

Cheers, Baggers.

6 hours ago, Patt said:

I

Great price, but I've got a steering wheel and gear gator in the same black with red stitch to match. Thanks for the offer anyway ;)

Edited by Cossie Si
Spelling

1 hour ago, Patt said:

sold ! and in the post this morning.

You must post a picture...It was just too much black in mine, but I don't have a painted console

No such thing as too much black in mine....? Oh wait a minute....??

cheapest I've seen recently is about £30 from States.

Not sure how much Royal Steering wheels charge ?

Ages ago I spotted a kit of bits on ebay and bought them, before deciding they were too dark and too much grief to fit quickly. I've just given the cubby box lid to bags and used the gear lever in my 987 knob as I had no real choice..  I may look at the handbrake cover now, especially as the console is coming out in  a weeks time to swap out my short shifter for a 997 shifter unit.

I will advertise the short shift on here before ebay as it will be the complete unit so only need a spanner and a felt tip pen to install  ;-)

1 hour ago, Jason986S said:

Anybody know a decent/reasonable source of an alcantara shifter boot?

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Not sure how much Royal Steering wheels charge ?

IIRC Jack at Royal charged me c. £50 'extra' to have my 996 GT3 knob re-trimmed (in addition to the wheel I had done at the same time)

1 hour ago, Patt said:

I've just given the cubby box lid to bags

Very much obliged, sir. :)B)

Cheers, Baggers.