Six Cylinder 718 returning.

Gutley

12 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

hey it might happen (the F6 not the hat eating) but wasnt it just another no news article....so much rubbish media is written nowadays...they take 2000 words to repeat endlessly what could have been said in 20

Agree Stuart, I so despair of our media! 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stuart21UK said:

last Macan GTS...are they discontinuing it?

My understanding is that future Macans will be all electric but the latest range of petrol cars will continue to be produced for a few more years alongside the electric cars when they come into production. The GTS is likely to be 20/21. i do wonder as the Macan is Porsche’s best selling car buts that the info I’ve been given 

36 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

My understanding is that future Macans will be all electric but the latest range of petrol cars will continue to be produced for a few more years alongside the electric cars when they come into production. The GTS is likely to be 20/21. i do wonder as the Macan is Porsche’s best selling car buts that the info I’ve been given 

...mmm you think they will go all electric by 2022?

could be, but common sense says that specifically a manufacturer who makes sports cars (and whos best selling car is the Macan/Cayenne) whilst likely to be 'working towards' the zero emissions by 2040, is not going to make it by 2022 (again I can see a hat eating event coming). I mean why would they achieve that by 2022 when there isn't even the infrastructure for it yet (and it's a long way off!)

My guess would be that the Macan will slowly morpho to less Petrol and more hybrid, then maybe a single petrol, hybrids and a pure electric BEFORE it ever gets close to to pure electric only

BBC -

19 Oct 2018 - All new cars in the UK will be "effectively zero emission" by 2040, under plans to tackle air pollution. The government is under pressure to bring forward this deadline and ban all sales of new petrol and diesel cars by 2032, after a report by a parliamentary committee described its plans as "vague and unambitious".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40726868

9 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

...mmm you think they will go all electric by 2022?

Not think Stuart, what I’ve been told.

Porsche have already announced that the model to follow the Taycan will be an electric Macan and when visiting the factory last September the new factory, for building the electric cars, is very advanced and of a similar size to Porsche’s current factory. So they are gearing up to produce significant numbers.

As explained in my post my understanding is that the latest iteration of the Macan will continue alongside the electric car for a bit, I suspect it will vary depending on the sales of the electric car. Thus the next GTS Macan is likely to be the last model of that car.

as I’ve mentioned in other posts I’m not yet ready to embrace an electric car so am keen to drive petrol engined cars for a few years yet! 

8 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Not think Stuart, what I’ve been told.

Porsche have already announced that the model to follow the Taycan will be an electric Macan and when visiting the factory last September the new factory, for building the electric cars, is very advanced and of a similar size to Porsche’s current factory. So they are gearing up to produce significant numbers.

As explained in my post my understanding is that the latest iteration of the Macan will continue alongside the electric car for a bit, I suspect it will vary depending on the sales of the electric car. Thus the next GTS Macan is likely to be the last model of that car.

as I’ve mentioned in other posts I’m not yet ready to embrace an electric car so am keen to drive petrol engined cars for a few years yet! 

ah ok...got it

The irony of German switching car production to electric is that having dropped nuclear, they’re producing more electricity from coal. And unfortunately China - a significant market for the Macan - also produce much of their electricity from coal.

6 hours ago, spyderman8 said:

The irony of German switching car production to electric is that having dropped nuclear, they’re producing more electricity from coal. And unfortunately China - a significant market for the Macan - also produce much of their electricity from coal.

When put like this it is, as you say, ironic or maybe even silly. But unfortunately that’s the way it’s counted at the moment! 

• 2 weeks later...

Both great drivers cars I'm sure Stuart, bound to  be. I'm glad I was fortunate to have had a 981 Spyder but wouldn't want one of the latest ones. @Araf hit it on the head, FOR ME,  when I was chatting to him about this, the Spyder is for special occasions, the roof mechanism doesn't lend itself to 'normal' driving in the UK.

1 hour ago, John K said:

Evo are also reporting an F6

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/22794/the-porsche-718-spyder-and-718-cayman-gt4-are-finally-here

But I also can't understand how the 718 name fits here...

John, there have been two previous Boxster Spyders so it makes sense for them to differentiate the newest one by calling it a 718 Spyder. 

54 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

I bet the 718 GT4 is an absolute weapon. A manual revvy flat 6. What’s there to hate!

I was told, Jason, that a PDK  may also be produced. Now that will be seriously quick! 

1 hour ago, Jason986S said:

I bet the 718 GT4 is an absolute weapon. A manual revvy flat 6. What’s there to hate!

And now the pension fund is in danger...

When I test drove the 718 T4, I loved everything about the car, the ride especially was a revelation.

The only slight negative was the engine. Don't get me wrong it was better than my F6 for daily driving, but I don't daily drive, I only drive for fun so not having an F6 screamer was not going to work for me

And now Porsche go and do this...

7 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Anyone else yes, you no 😋

Actually you both speak the truth...

Demand will be so strong for this, possibly even at 911R levels, that you will have to have lived inside the anus of Head of UK Sales for the last 5 years to even get on the list...

And posting threads sl*gging off OPCs will have done my chances in :cry:

I suspect only previous buyers or GTS/GT3/911R/918 owners will get first refusals. Then mortals with mega money and other Porkers will get a look in. Sad really. As will be £150k fun for under £100 IMO.

I wonder how this will effect 981 GT4 values?!

Great news!

Shame there appears to have been no improvement in the roof as there was from 987 to 981 Spyders.

What a weapon though!!

9 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

I was told, Jason, that a PDK  may also be produced. Now that will be seriously quick! 

Both beautiful cars and anyone who gets one is very lucky! Both cars sound fantastic with the n/a engines in them.

The Spyders roof wouldn’t bother me it’s just finding the money to afford one that’s the problem 😂 and finding one for sale.

One way round the Spyder roof is to only drive it on sunny days and leave the roof down in the garage and buy the GT4 for the rainy days 👍 Expensive but a practical solution 😂

Archived