Where do you sit on private plates

Grumpyoldman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love car specific plates,  i have a couple, one on my daily and one waiting to go on the Boxster when i get one .    PKE are my initials at work based on my surname  its a big company so most worldwide offices you are initials rather than a name 😉.  Certainly helps when i'm picking up people from the airport.   

• 4 weeks later...

I was bought a plate for Father's Day, I did choose it as I was amazed it was available on the DVLA website. Now I'm not sure whether to fit it or not 🤔 At the very least it will disguise the age of my car 😁

Plate is: G7 RSU 

Maybe a GTRS owner with really bad eyesight will make me an offer I can't refuse 😆

Mine came with a cherished plate. ...not relating to me....

Reads "TA RAA' at a quick glance.

should be a "W" plate.......not bothered about it.  I drive the car not the plate 204507991_2018-08-2120_03_59.jpg.044cef1d17a54222f62b6708789b75c0.jpg

I'm having my private plate made up at the local OPC in Swindon on Saturday. When I bought the car off Guv's on this forum ,it had his private plate on.Now that it has been transferred back to him and she has her originals on I wanted to personalise her to finish her off.

I bid last week on the DVLA live auction site for CAZ 290   but after VAT and assignment fee it sold for over £3k  - so have bought BX07 CAZ      for £399 including all fees and assignment fee  - she is an   07 plate   so have got the BX  for box and then my forum name - so other BoXa.netters will see me coming (and give me a wide berth probably 😂 )

1 hour ago, CAZ said:

I'm having my private plate made up at the local OPC in Swindon on Saturday. When I bought the car off Guv's on this forum ,it had his private plate on.Now that it has been transferred back to him and she has her originals on I wanted to personalise her to finish her off.

I bid last week on the DVLA live auction site for CAZ 290   but after VAT and assignment fee it sold for over £3k  - so have bought BX07 CAZ      for £399 including all fees and assignment fee  - she is an   07 plate   so have got the BX  for box and then my forum name - so other BoXa.netters will see me coming (and give me a wide berth probably 😂 )

Citroen BX? Rather ruins the image? 🤔

21 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Citroen BX? Rather ruins the image? 🤔

Go chop a tree.....   seriously .....  get someone else to do those trees for you.... you wouldn't want to be unable to drive the Box again for months if you have a tree related accident !   

I am looking at another private plate at the momont. L18 KDW. One of my daughters is called Libby (LIB) and my initials are KDW.  Not sure if I can be bothered to fork out £330 for it at the moment though...... Berties had enough spent on him in the last three months....

I bought MY66BOX to go on my car but it got delayed so ended up a 17 plate so never put it on. Im after a plate on ebay but the guy wont budge on £3k even though hes had it for sale for 2 years and regtransfers have only valued it at £800 ! My son has KR 15 SMH and i have T600MES on my van , any Egyptian Pharoes out there?

Did bid on SM17THY but that went for over £8k plus fees.

I want to get one, but not sure what to get.  Annoyingly there are none available with my initials on it :(  and i'm at a loss as to what letters to get otherwise. 

Tried to look for Gibbon related ones but they are all rather expensive or newer than the age of my 986 so i couldn't. 

so i've boiled it down to two so far but i'm not sure which.    either  SurnameInitialYearOfBirth GBN (gibbon kinda)  or the same first bit and TFG (thefunkygibbon)  (even vaguer for most people lol).

29 minutes ago, thefunkygibbon said:

I want to get one, but not sure what to get.  Annoyingly there are none available with my initials on it :(  and i'm at a loss as to what letters to get otherwise. 

Tried to look for Gibbon related ones but they are all rather expensive or newer than the age of my 986 so i couldn't. 

so i've boiled it down to two so far but i'm not sure which.    either  SurnameInitialYearOfBirth GBN (gibbon kinda)  or the same first bit and TFG (thefunkygibbon)  (even vaguer for most people lol).

I was in the same boat - so have slightly ‘adjusted’ mine which is L3 OMP to L30 MP - run it like that for 15 years without issue as I use the standard fonts - just need to remember to swap it over at MoT time.

seems like a fairly common option as i’ve seen a few cars around my way with similar spacing of the 0

I used to have 'JUS' plates as my name is Justin but have had a few car related ones like my current Boxster one 

pb.jpg

On 6/19/2019 at 6:29 PM, stevemag said:

Mine came with a cherished plate. ...not relating to me....

Reads "TA RAA' at a quick glance.

My daughter's name is Tara, but not followed by an A at least until she gets married.

She's aged 13 so I won't be making you an offer for yours just yet :)

8 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Does anyone actually sit on their private plate, which was the original question?

SURELY John K must have tried...... 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Well that depends on whether it was our own parts, or others I suppose.

And we all know you “refresh the parts others can’t reach “😉

Archived