Manual vs PDK...

rifraf

3 hours ago, Pinewood said:

stick shift is good 50% of the time

PDK is good all the time

sorted - can we lock this thread now? 

Probably a fair assessment of the situation, however this will run and run regardless I suspect; a bit like cream or jam first on a scone (however you pronounce that too!).

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Probably a fair assessment of the situation, however this will run and run regardless I suspect; a bit like cream or jam first on a scone (however you pronounce that too!).

Ketchup or Brown Sauce?

HP or Daddies?

5 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Ketchup or Brown Sauce?

HP or Daddies?

Just to be clear on this one; Heinz Tomato Ketchup is the only option, regardless of the brand of the brown or any other coloured sauce.

1 hour ago, topradio said:

I miss the manual advance and retard lever.  I really don't feel fully involved with the car without it.  Oh! and why don't they fit a starting handle any more, you could really get a feel for the engine while starting it.🤣

we got of the man with the flag too...shame

main-qimg-b67ea5ac78a552c957c048762b9a2b

mind you you'd need Usain Bolt in front of a Boxster

26 minutes ago, rowbos said:

What's wrong with the phrase "Can I offer you a good dollop of Daddies sauce?" 🤔

When in doubt I always prefix it with the following, read it and see if I would ever want to hear it said in court...

And the Defendant said "Can I offer you a good dollop of Daddies sauce?"

On 9/11/2020 at 7:49 PM, Stuart21UK said:

Why would you want to put a sports car in park though?

With a PDK, saves wear on the clutch when stopped in traffic. And saves needing the handbrake adjusted so often. And kind to the person behind by not having the brake lights on all the time.

51 minutes ago, DaveEFI said:

With a PDK, saves wear on the clutch when stopped in traffic. And saves needing the handbrake adjusted so often. And kind to the person behind by not having the brake lights on all the time.

in 50000 miles on the 981 I havent needed any handbrake adjustment, or so far a clutch...

there will have been plenty of people seeing my big red brake lights though over the 7yrs :)

1 hour ago, DaveEFI said:

Really, you out your car in P every time you stop at lights ? If so your in the minority ie if you sit in D with your foot on the brakes (as most PDK owners do) then your brake lights on ;-)......with a manual I tend to knock it into neutral if I know I’m going to be sat for a bit....saves the old calf muscles you know....and blinding the person behind with brake lights .......auto owners tend to be “lazier” and leave in D and thus blind people at night 

2 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

with a manual I tend to knock it into neutral if I know I’m going to be sat for a bit....

I guess most would do this if stopped for more then a few seconds. 

Sometimes I even use the handbrake as well. 

13 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

I guess most would do this if stopped for more then a few seconds. 

Sometimes I even use the handbrake as well. 

depends on traffic but I only put in neutral and probably keep foot on brake mostly when I know I'm sat for a 20 seconds or more..

otherwise...

PSE on

foot on clutch

in gear ready for traffic light GP

blipping throttle like a hooligan

:thumbsup_anim:

22 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Really, you out your car in P every time you stop at lights ? If so your in the minority ie if you sit in D with your foot on the brakes (as most PDK owners do) then your brake lights on ;-)......with a manual I tend to knock it into neutral if I know I’m going to be sat for a bit....saves the old calf muscles you know....and blinding the person behind with brake lights .......auto owners tend to be “lazier” and leave in D and thus blind people at night 

I like to think I'm a cut above the average driver. Hence not wanting the brake lights on for long periods.😀 But I did find when first getting my PDK if you leave in in drive in very heavy slow moving traffic on a hot day, the transmission seems to overheat, and you get clutch judder when moving off. Of course some may never encounter such traffic anyway - it was a bit unusual even for London, due to an accident.

Archived