What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

1 minute ago, M12MTR said:

I checked my rears and all clear - just poured water and it ran out quickly - but I think I'll try the air route to be sure.

Have you done the front / frunk drains?

There aren't any front drains as such, it's just a series of holes but yes I try to keep the frunk area clean of leaves etc...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iborguk said:

There aren't any front drains as such, it's just a series of holes but yes I try to keep the frunk area clean of leaves etc...

Cheers. So no round rubber bungs in the frunk / either side of the battery tray like on the 987.2?

I've looked and cannot see - this must be why?

How/why?

I guess even the first is aftermarket? Or did the 718 revert to clear, from the 981 mesh?

I see it's taller. Surprised if the lack of frame makes much difference in practice.  Bought from where?

4 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

How/why?

I guess even the first is aftermarket? Or did the 718 revert to clear, from the 981 mesh?

I see it's taller. Surprised if the lack of frame makes much difference in practice.  Bought from where?

Top one is OEM plastic and mesh same as 981.

New one is glass Windschott.

Much better rear vision and significantly less wind buffering and in my opinion much better looking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Top one is OEM plastic and mesh same as 981.

New one is glass Windschott.

Much better rear vision and significantly less wind buffering and in my opinion much better looking.

Agree, as you know, I've got a high Windschott wind deflector in your old 🔴 981 and it is a significant improvement over the mesh one in terms of rear visibility 👍

• Like 1

1 of 4 completed.
Couldn't get wheel off hub, sort of seized?
So, centre cap off, a little squirt of WD40, wheel bolts slightly loosened, drove back and forth - hey presto and wheel cracked off hub and came off.
(Just under 10k miles and I don't think they ever been off the car).
So, inner wheel barrel cleaned - it was pretty stubborn - Meguiars wheel cleaner and a soft brush - dried and prepped, then wheel ceramic coated. Caliper and hub a little clean, plus anti seize paste on the 3 hub lugs.
Job done.
But other 3 to do - another time..... I'm fooked, but happier.

SmartSelect_20240421_151749_Gallery SmartSelect_20240421_154352_Gallery

From this.....

SmartSelect_20240421_175907_Gallery

Edited by M12MTR
  • Like 1