What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

3 hours ago, iborguk said:

Inspired by @EVO Chris started to make this...

look shinier...

More work to do but going in the right direction

You actually took it off to polish, or you got another one to fettle?

Or is the car new enough that removal is still easy?

• 2 weeks later...

It's still very cold, but the sun is a bit higher and stronger... I'm getting an itch to get the Boxster out, but it will still be two month at least before I can take the car with it's summer tires out of storage.

Today I've charged the battery. Like I wrote here, I can't charge the battery in the car in the carage and the car is parked for roughly six months. I've removed the battery and charge it every few months in my basement. The battery is new 95Ah AGM Yuasa and what I've noticed now with the CTEK is that there is very little discharge. It takes a very short time after for full charge when I connect the charger. Based on this, next winter I'll probably just disconnect the battery and leave it in the car for the winter.

The 718 battery is a bit bigger than my sons motorbike battery. ;)

EqFG7St.jpg

For anyone interested in adding the smoker's package to their car for another 12v outlet.

https://tequipment-finder.porsche.com/uk/982/718 Boxster/&ac=product&pr=32B34A5AF8B78B71C1257D020029A5C0

The main "how to" although there are also references to the PDK/Manual gear shifter and a bit of fiddling there.

It also needs coding with PIWIS. 

https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.com/e980818d5653644701b7291f76d89dad/design/installation instructions/99104490140_-_982_Boxster.pdf

that's really not much help unless you have the official install kit.

Was hoping it bight give a clue to an easy wiring hack.

If you want to find the ashtray cheap on ebay - also search for the centre consoles - they are F'ing hard/stiff to remove so many sell them still sat in the plastic cage. 😉

6 hours ago, Patt said:

that's really not much help unless you have the official install kit.

Was hoping it bight give a clue to an easy wiring hack.

If you want to find the ashtray cheap on ebay - also search for the centre consoles - they are F'ing hard/stiff to remove so many sell them still sat in the plastic cage. 😉

That is the fitting kit with wiring harness.

From the installation instructions you can see the parts inventory provided with the part number.

There's a couple of different variants on the part numbers depending on whether the car has the Connect option or not.

See https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.com/e980818d5653644701b7291f76d89dad/design/installation instructions/99104490140_-_982_Boxster.pdf

f0d39a45fd90c7be43eccd97e9658a73.jpg

Edited by iborguk

First proper day tidying up since I got in mid November.
Seat leather conditioned, my personal plates ditted, rear badge surround cleaned, polished and sealed (it was grubby for 10k miles - lack of correct washing / detailing in the past).
Wheels to ceramic later in the week.
(Sounds awesome, even from my garage to my drive).

• 2 weeks later...

Taxed and out for my first proper run since buying in November.
Initial thoughts: very quick, exhaust sounds great, got the back end out on a roundabout (tyres on 5 mm so will scrub these off and MPS4S due I think.
Love it.

SmartSelect_20240303_152859_Photo Studio

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Eventually managed to clean the manky exhaust tips.

These have obviously never been cleaned in its 10k miles.

I tried gentle at first, with them being black - either ceramic coated black ir black chrome?. All my cleaning/ fallout / meths / turps / polish products no joy. 

Browsing online forums the consensus was to respray high temperature black to restore.

So, I bought some 800°C paint in black, then set about preparing the surface ready to mask / spray. I used a dry scotch pad - didn't try this prior for fear of scratching when I just wanted to clean them originally - but hey presto it got the dried up crud off a treat. So I continued to use this and a polish after - they are 98% restored new. I ain't gonna sweat that they're not perfect - but a vast improvement and still OEM finish.

Paint returned for a refund. 

SmartSelect_20240325_174534_Gallery SmartSelect_20240330_142845_Gallery

On 3/2/2024 at 4:39 PM, iborguk said:

Blew my drains out.

I checked my rears and all clear - just poured water and it ran out quickly - but I think I'll try the air route to be sure.

Have you done the front / frunk drains?