What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

6 hours ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Dropped her off for a full frontal PPF.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1339472749977051?sfnsn=scwspmo

After weeks waiting for a new windscreen I went for PPF on the new screen, might be worth asking a price whilst there doing the front

• Like 1

Hmmm, failed MOT over the weekend. LHR calliper absolutely pishing fluid out. Was serviced quite a few months ago and brake fluid replaced. Left it back to the servicing garage and he is advising a new calliper is required. There were no leaks on the driveway, everything dry. Garage bloke reckons the MOT brake test is quite severe and that would have caused the failure. He can't get the inner bleed nipple to seal and he doesn't want to thread repair. Expensive times ahead, methinks...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Collected the 4.0 after a full frontal PPF. SW Autoworx have done a brilliant job, almost invisible edges and a great shine. Just wished I had done this from brand new, rather than after a couple of stone chips😡

What's your mileage now ? You seem to be using it appropriately ;)  

On 9/4/2023 at 4:05 PM, Happy Days said:

Garage bloke reckons the MOT brake test is quite severe and that would have caused the failure.

My 1989 VW camper van shat all its brake fluid (and clutch fluid as it’s a shared reservoir) during the MOT brake test, from a sheared, rusty brake line. That took some cleaning up. But it is considerably older than your boxster.

On 9/6/2023 at 11:26 AM, Menoporsche said:

But he said he couldn't fix it - did he find a way or you went somewhere else?

They managed to get it fixed and they took it for the re-test. Here in NI we don't have MOTs in garages like you lot; ours are in government-run esting stations so when it passed there I was happy enough. Don't ask me what he did though, but it has been dry since and the brake test figures were good.

I had a puncture today, left rear with a nail in it. Car warned me at -0,4bar, it was losing pressure fast. Luckily I was near the tire shop I use, and even more luckily they had my previously ordered PS4S's in just yesteday. However, the fronts were not N0 -rated. Ended up getting the new rears installed and I will wait for the N0-tires to come in next week. 

Just taught my 17 year old a hill start, in a huge open car park with a slope, on a dead Sunday morning.  It was not great until I told her to close her eyes and do it. Hear the engine, feel the biting point. She'd cracked it within three attempts :) .

Had the new front tires also installed. I have to admit that I've had the Porsche crests on the wheels pointing in which ever direction from the previous owner and I've never gotten around to fix them. The tire shop guys clearly new the right way, as every crest is now pointing at the valve. Small thing, but somehow made me quite happy.

• Like 1