What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

Finnish Porsche club organized an event. We took a ferry to Estornia (2hrs), had a fantastic drive on great roads. Agenda was to see Estonian manor culture. Nice to get to know so many new genuinely nice people. 

I will join on these in the future too.

1NqPoYZ.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 7:38 PM, iborguk said:

What's your mileage now ? You seem to be using it appropriately ;)  

As well as the French tour in May, have just booked an Alps trip with Porsche Driving Days for June. Trip covers almost all of the most important passes. Really looking forward to that one.

2 hours ago, JurassicBGTS said:

As well as the French tour in May, have just booked an Alps trip with Porsche Driving Days for June. Trip covers almost all of the most important passes. Really looking forward to that one.

Where did it all go right ? ;)

Enjoy.

• Like 1

I had an autumn service for my car, oil and brake fluids. It's only a year and 5000km from the last service, but with the multiple track days this summer I just want to have the service for peace of mind. The track check does not like old brake fluids anyway.

Now I just have to decide when to put the car away for winter. Maybe next week, I'll maybe get to enjoy a few nice dark evening drives.

Edited by Finbox

Had the faulty carbon fibre cup holder trim replaced yesterday. They lent me a Taycan 4S to play around with for 2 hours.

H**y c**p those things are fast. Too fast really. I started with the artificial sound on, but after about 20 minutes, it annoyed me so I turned it off. Very comfortable, quick mode of transport, but a bit of a one trick poney. Once you get over the blistering pace which you can't ever really use it was soulless. Added to that a real world range of 220 miles in the bigger battery car...no wonder my OPC has 37 of then in stock a mix of new and used. I will be keeping my Macan.

• 2 weeks later...

Had it properly washed, put 3bar into the tires and filled the tank. The season is now over, forecast is for nearly -10 night temperatures and first snow. I will be a long winter again before I can take the car out of hibernation.

I can't use a trickle charger in my otherwise good garage. I was a bit hesitant about removing the battery from a 718, but the local OPC service team advised me that it's ok. It's the same as it was with my 987.2, window stops and time needs to be set, otherwise it's fine. I'll store the battery in my workshop and will charge it a few times during the winter.

Edited by Finbox
  • Like 1

Battery removed, cover put on and insurance in winter mode (no driving, but covers otherwise). It was not exactly fun to remove the battery, it's more complicated on these than on my previous 987.2. It's also 95Ah so heavy as hell. However, now it's done.

It was -3 this morning and cars outside had frozen windows, so it was most likely the right moment to winterize the car. Never the best day for a car enthusiast, though.

PS. I put a plastic bike tire level on the bonnet latch.

Edited by Finbox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Malcolm E Box said:

Water pump leaking in to the vacuum pipes causing the COV to fail.

New water pump etc needed. Going to be many many Pounds.

Oh well it is only money.......................

B@gger, sorry to hear.

What’s the ££££ estimate ?

15 hours ago, Malcolm E Box said:

Water pump leaking in to the vacuum pipes causing the COV to fail.

New water pump etc needed. Going to be many many Pounds.

Oh well it is only money.......................

Had two COVs replaced replaced this week before garage finally listened to me and checked the new exhaust for vacuum leaks. <sigh>

On 10/30/2023 at 12:48 PM, Happy Days said:

Same thing just happened to me. Warning on dash to stop immediately as overheating. Currently sitting at the side of the road waiting for it to cool down. 9 miles from home. This is going to be some journey. 

The OPC told me the car doesn't actually overheat just the sensor goes in to one as the COV stops working correctly.

Hopefully yours is sorted soon. Mine is still at Porsche. Been a week now.

Once it cools down a little the COV will reset and you should be fine for the rest of the journey.

Edited by Malcolm E Box