What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

Took it to the track again, this was the last local Porsche club track day this year. I've done three track days this year and I think 3-4 is what I can realistically achieve in a year with my hectic schedule. 

The track was Ahvenisto Race Circuit, google it up if you like. Very cool 50 year old track, build close to downtown so all cars were checked for noise. It's a narrow track with steel walls just a meter from the track edge, quite exciting. Good elevation changes too, the track actually goes over the track at one point!-)

I usually do 15-20min stints, but today I did one longer over 30min stint and learnt what it feels when tires are overheated... I knew my tires were worn, now the rears are down to wearmarks. They would maybe be good for one more dry track day, but autumn is coming and I want to play it safe so I have PS4's ordered.

Edited by Finbox
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, iborguk said:

Drove it, in the pi55ing rain, so completely devalued the car.

PDK and N Rated tyres will probably explode. It will also probably grow an IMS bearing which will let go.

Padm might let go though and the missing 2 cylinders might rear up and slap you in the ego. 

Don’t you dare enjoy the car you chose in the way you want to enjoy it. 

• Like 2

Played “what’s that part ?” on a piece of trim found in the car.

Drove it in glorious sunshine and atrocious traffic to the Patio of England to the Kent’s Porsche Club GB night at Brands. 

Good turnout including 

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, iborguk said:

we've already been in contact on facebook,he was sending pics of his Boxster while they were doing the martini wrap stage by stage   :) we got chatting as he's interested in the trip to the Martinin musuem 

Edited by mrbikerdood
  • Like 1

My 718 life is mundane,

Yesterday I drove to Tesco, bought some groceries and then put £75.45 worth of their 99 Octane E5 in it. 

Next I drove to the farm where we keep our horse and helped SWMBO put the horse out for the night, after that I put the car in the garage for the night. 

I'm not sure it is what Porsche intended to car to be used for, but I just love driving it. 

• Like 2

Had a nice run up to Blandford Forum to my Indi, for the fitment of a Cargraphic exhaust valve controller.

I decided on the 2 way with separate remote fob so I can have the manufacturers  normal/sport settings on the console button and valves fully open by pressing the fob. Sounds fantastic all the way through the rev range now rather than just over 4,000 rpm.

Drove around the area and stopped at a very well known motoring photo op road "Avenue of trees" Moor Crichel.

As I was leaving a lovely white Spyder pulled up to take photos. He was from Portsmouth, out with his son for a holiday drive around Dorset 2oYJuGa%5DAvenue 

Edited by JurassicBGTS
  • Like 3