What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Parked back home all safe and sound after a successful small Tour which I’m glad to report the Mrs and Co Pilot enjoyed. So plans for a longer more Alps based trip can possibly begin 😂👍 Overall mileage and MPG just for those interested. Car is 2.7

79923-C9-E-2-A44-40-BE-BF51-B9-AAB8-D98-

• Like 3

Had a little wknd away to Lynton,Devon - i forgot how awsome the roads are around this area!!

Will book longer next time,gave the Martini a quick scrub before we left Sat,2 hr drive from Somerton

Stayed here - The North Cliff Hotel, Lynton | Home nice room next to the train that goes up the cliff side,went out for dinner near by although the North Cliff do food we wanted to explor a little (me wheel spinnng around the hairpins steep incline)

They did an excellent breakfast too :) 

Area would make a great base for a little drive wknd 

couple of scenic pics .......

Train going past this morning ..

qwjxeAA.jpg

view from the hotel ....

ixHVlcR.jpg

photo op ....

VS5mB3g.jpg

CUe84wZ.jpgIzjbVaN.jpg

• Like 5

On 9/7/2022 at 4:20 PM, Ringmaster999 said:

Taken the lip of the front of the car. It’s a bloody pain with the x73 suspension and I was fed up of it grounding everywhere 😂😂Especially as the car park in Bruges was underground and accessed by a steep ramp. Nightmare 😬😳😂👍

D0-C8786-B-2-BAC-4-A5-C-B928-251-CE88271

This is now in the for sale section if anyone is interested 👍

Wnt to Brands Hatch this weekend as my son was racing. Very pleasantly surprised to be told to park up in the Supercar display area of the paddock. I normally have to show a pass to get into a race paddock.

Felt a bit of a poor relation in my Cayman GTS to be honest!

fnBVY1D.jpg

Edited by andygo

3 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Don't think you need to worry about that mate, the Cayman holds it's own in any company as far as I'm concerned :thumbsup_still:

Thats what the officials seemend to think, lol. I'm not arguing.. There were some very very nice Porkers about, especially in front of Porsche hospitality.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, just got back from RPM Technik who have put a more  on track setup to my car as I'm off to Spa next week. Feels even more nimble and settled, and it was lovely before. I do wish the tech guys would'nt bugger about with my seat and wheel position though. Takes ages to get it just so again, lol.

Sorted my one and only gripe (a bit OCD).

Grill on top of dashboard had faded to almost brown, every red interior 981 I saw at Beaulieu was the same.

A surprisingly cheap, from Porsche, £25 and the dash looks so much better with all the plastic colours in harmony with the leather.

52353181865_b0ca32f3cb_n.jpg

52353183135_9858a922d3_n.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, steve7 said:

Still cr*p at taking photos, these are the start of route nepoleon and top of a col 👍

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

Is the route easy to follow are there markers or did you use the GPS

I am planning on taking my Boxster to the South of France next year staying in Antibes and this looks like a great route to do and see some sights

16 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Told you it was wet 😂👍

9-A962-EF7-DAA4-4871-ADAB-829-D122-C127388-C1-E6-A8-84-B8-4909-8452-D5991-BD230-

The Green Hell in the wet.  Not somewhere to push on unless you are called Jackie Stewart who beat a mere journeyman World Champion called Graham Hill by 4 minutes in 1968. :worship:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanmr2 said:

Is the route easy to follow are there markers or did you use the GPS

I am planning on taking my Boxster to the South of France next year staying in Antibes and this looks like a great route to do and see some sights

Its well sign posted and if you can go outside of the main holiday period as it does get busy. If you get up 1st thing you get the route all to yourself :) Also well worth checking out the southern apl cols, these are deserted and as long as you have a head for heights great fun.

Swapped my pads for some DS2500's ready for my trip to Spa next week.

Rather than faff fitting wear sensors, got some nifty blanking plugs to trick the car into thinking that it has some. I dont think I have ever got pads so worn that the wear sensores ever get to work, just look at the pads through the wheel spokes and its obvious if they are getting worn.

This is a good video that shows how to undo the various plugs found on Porsches - the same as VW ones.

Tokk me an hour and 5 mins from start to tool packed away.

2 hours ago, steve7 said:

Its well sign posted and if you can go outside of the main holiday period as it does get busy. If you get up 1st thing you get the route all to yourself :) Also well worth checking out the southern apl cols, these are deserted and as long as you have a head for heights great fun.

Thanks Steve7 will definitely do the route when we are staying in Antibes

18 hours ago, ½cwt said:

The Green Hell in the wet.  Not somewhere to push on unless you are called Jackie Stewart who beat a mere journeyman World Champion called Graham Hill by 4 minutes in 1968. :worship:

Hill of course remains the only person to have won the F1 title, Le Mans and the Indy 500.

29 minutes ago, andy_l said:

Hill of course remains the only person to have won the F1 title, Le Mans and the Indy 500.

Exactly.  Mario Andretti made a good stab at it (failed several times at Le Mans) and Alonso still harbours that ambition I think with the Indy 500 win not on his CV.

Also often quoted as Monaco, Indy and Le Mans, as individual races to make a 'triple crown' same still applies, but Mario did win the Daytona 500 if not Le Mans. 

Edited by ½cwt

Somehow managed to put a small scrape on the bottom of the front bumper so took it to the bodyshop across the road from work to get it sorted. 

In the end, had the entire bumper, bonnet and wings resprayed as there were some stone chips.  Car looks brand new, excellent job (as you'd expect from a guy who used to be a painter with Aston Martin) and an awesome price of £720.  Not a masking tape special either, bumper, bonnet badge, headlights etc were all removed. 

Big shout out for Quality Vehicle Refurb in Brixworth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2022 at 10:31 AM, RickLS7 said:

Somehow managed to put a small scrape on the bottom of the front bumper so took it to the bodyshop across the road from work to get it sorted. 

In the end, had the entire bumper, bonnet and wings resprayed as there were some stone chips.  Car looks brand new, excellent job (as you'd expect from a guy who used to be a painter with Aston Martin) and an awesome price of £720.  Not a masking tape special either, bumper, bonnet badge, headlights etc were all removed. 

Big shout out for Quality Vehicle Refurb in Brixworth.

Might be looking them up at some point, thanks