2.5 - 2.7 - 3.2 speed difference

Cheddar Bob

:D Ah my kit car ownership days...

As the reverse light switch in the gearbox of my first car didn't work, and the prop tunnel made it impossible to change easily, I wired them up to a switch on my dash.

Thought I'd have a laugh with a car-mad mate of mine who pulled up behind me at the lights.  I waved at him, started to rev menacingly, and flicked the switch.

You could see his eyes getting wider and the gesticulations getting wilder as I purposely watched the lights, not him in my mirror, for them to change as I revved more. They changed and I took off - safely forwards.

Five minutes down the road he called me several names in between the laughter.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

:D Ah my kit car ownership days...

As the reverse light switch in the gearbox of my first car didn't work, and the prop tunnel made it impossible to change easily, I wired them up to a switch on my dash.

Thought I'd have a laugh with a car-mad mate of mine who pulled up behind me at the lights.  I waved at him, started to rev menacingly, and flicked the switch.

You could see his eyes getting wider and the gesticulations getting wilder as I purposely watched the lights, not him in my mirror, for them to change as I revved more. They changed and I took off - safely forwards.

Five minutes down the road he called me several names in between the laughter.

Yup this was what Mr Marina was trying to achieve sans the reverse light wiring solution. Probably the first time I became aware of (attempted) Darwinism in action.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Did we conclude a general consensus from this thread? 

The 2.7 is the best model right?

For pussies. :) 

The 2.5 is the original and the S has the better performance and equipment as standard.  The 2.7 will always be the nearly man.

21 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

I didn't get that from this thread. 

The 2.7 is better if you don't want the performance of the S 😁

Archived