Be careful in the snow !

Bradders59

But if anyone buys it to break it I'll have the face lift blue hood with glass screen....

If I had space and a trailer I'd even consider breaking it myself.  Engine and 'box have got to be worth £1500 and then all the interior parts as well.

1 minute ago, ½cwt said:

But if anyone buys it to break it I'll have the face lift blue hood with glass screen....

If I had space and a trailer I'd even consider breaking it myself.  Engine and 'box have got to be worth £1500 and then all the interior parts as well.

Definitely a breaker, was looking quite repairable until I saw near side rear wing, but at 1k or less you would easily double your money, broken up.

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

they've made a good job of that!

@TROOPER88 - one for you?

It will be broken I would have thought.

Lots are enquiring as to docs etc, when you purchase a salvage vehicle, you do not get a V5 or any paperwork pretty much 100% of the time. 

This 986 did not go through Copart or ASM as I would have seen it and it has a clean title. 

Engine is circa 3k

ECU set circa 1k

There is big money in salvage 

47 minutes ago, TROOPER88 said:

It will be broken I would have thought.

Lots are enquiring as to docs etc, when you purchase a salvage vehicle, you do not get a V5 or any paperwork pretty much 100% of the time. 

This 986 did not go through Copart or ASM as I would have seen it and it has a clean title. 

Engine is circa 3k

ECU set circa 1k

There is big money in salvage 

i suggested this to SWMBO  -but she was not impressed at the thought of having a slowly decaying car on the drive! :)

I can only imagine the selling of parts can be a PITA at times though having to deal with ebay, fees, posting, etc etc?

5 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

i suggested this to SWMBO  -but she was not impressed at the thought of having a slowly decaying car on the drive! :)

I can only imagine the selling of parts can be a PITA at times though having to deal with ebay, fees, posting, etc etc?

I am not a breaker but deal with breakers every day.

The one I use is first class and will completely strip a 986 in one day when the shell is then taken to scrap.

The engine and box is removed in under 2 hours and are usually sold to Europe for 2-3k.

He can remove an exhaust in less than 20 minutes.

Yes, the listing and storage is the hard bit, Steve Strange as an example has been going for 20 years and when I spoke to him last week, he had 1040 986's in stock.

I ahve broke a car once and made more money than I was offered as a rolling car with a broken engine.  It does take time and patience but I got 60% more than the complete car offer for it over about 3 months.  Alas I no longer have a nice double garage to do something like that again.

11 hours ago, TROOPER88 said:

I am not a breaker but deal with breakers every day.

The one I use is first class and will completely strip a 986 in one day when the shell is then taken to scrap.

The engine and box is removed in under 2 hours and are usually sold to Europe for 2-3k.

Yes, the listing and storage is the hard bit, Steve Strange as an example has been going for 20 years and when I spoke to him last week, he had 1040 986's in stock.

Who do you use for parts please?

14 hours ago, TROOPER88 said:

32 minutes ago, TROOPER88 said:

A breaker in Wales

Was wondering if it was in Liverpool town centre...

15 hours ago, TROOPER88 said:

@TROOPER88 - one for you?

Bit of Bilt Hamber snow foam and that'll be a £10k motor all day long.

The damage isn't recorded. Just make sure the weak points, ie indicator stalk, oddments tray hinge, and seat trim are 100%.

7 minutes ago, Darren Sapsford said:

So who is he then? 

Easy tiger you are in the trade section so this information is on a strictly need-to-know basis. 

You can tell the trade guys as they all contribute to the forum, you know to put something back for the invaluable support and help they have received so they are 'Site Contributors' :laugh:

Can you tell I hate the trade clique :(

You have to remember the trade guys need to protect their little clique otherwise it will impact on their ability to control the market. 

Been exposed to it my whole life from Motor Factors 40 years ago to Plumbers Merchants where you are made to feel unwelcome and just know you are not getting your full discount. 

If there is something in particular you are after just post it up and there will be plenty of help forthcoming. 

Archived