550 Anniversary

dunks

4 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

"You're" 😉

That’s more like it, 😊

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, EXY said:

As always I have very little clue what you are on about, it seems like you are agreeing with me in a round-a-bout fashion but i'm never sure :laugh:

IMHO the only way that Scooby-Doo would be worth £250,502 is if there was £235,000 in the boot, others might think differently in which case I will revert to the sage and wise words of @r1flyguy,,,,

"A fool and his money.........."

It's worth it to someone who thinks it's worth it.

I work with someone who spends silly money (by my reckoning) on watches. I can't see the appeal, but they seems to please him.

48 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

@EXY your an imbecile

Actually if you look at the logic you applied above, I’m the imbecile 🤣

August 21’ I ordered a new Macan MY23 GTS, threw all the options at it I wanted and yes it cost a little more than your Tuscon…. Will it do anything better than your car, fractionally, maybe the pace, will it cost double to service it, VEL it, insure it, run it…. Undoubtedly yes… so yes I’m a fool who parted with his money in September this year!!!! 

Now guess what we went to look at as a replacement for the wife’s 1 series… yes a Tuscon 😁

That's "utter imbecile" I will have you know :nonono:

Hmmmm, it appears I'm not as green as I'm cabbage looking, who'd have thought it  :laugh:

Now as a special favour to you Gaz I will swap our Tucson for your Macan and let's not be vulgar by discussing money.

48 minutes ago, map said:

Well I own a super rare, one off, really unique, single year 986 with more power, more engines, bigger pistons, funny seats, a bonkers shifter and big yellow lights on the front.

Every single panel has been artisan patina’d.

The brake calipers are custom hot road salt finished and there’s no “standing around corrosion” on the disks.

If I get Timpsons to engrave a big dog tag with:

“Boxster RSR 1 of 1”

and stick it on the dashboard how much do you think it’ll be worth?

To a collector obvs.

It is what it is worth to you that counts, obvs  ;)

Worth is a sliding scale where the individual determines the pivot point.

P.S. does it still have my wheels on it?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, edc said:

As a 550 owner.....       ........It wasn't that much more than a regular S. Those who think it's like a GT3 are deluded but it is limited run and differentiated from other 986. 

Exactly.  In a similar vein, I have been looking at Black Editions more because of their general low mileages than their rarity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Araf said:

I look on the Boxster 550 in the same way as the Cortina Crusader (same goes for a 987.1 SE or 987.2 Black Edition).  An end of line model with the accessory book thrown at it, just to sell the last few cars before the new model is released.  I'd have one, but I'd be comparing it against the newer replacement for value for money.

They're only limited by either the number of shells they need to sell, or how many they think the market can stand.

Interesting, way way back in the day (circa 1990) when I was a member of The Capri Club there was an article in their newsletter regarding the Capri 280 Brooklands.

Apparently FORD didn't have enough interior components to complete them so it was in some cases left to the dealers to fit door cards, parcel shelves and that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, EXY said:

As always I have very little clue what you are on about, it seems like you are agreeing with me in a round-a-bout fashion but i'm never sure :laugh:

IMHO the only way that Scooby-Doo would be worth £250,502 is if there was £235,000 in the boot, others might think differently in which case I will revert to the sage and wise words of @r1flyguy,,,,

"A fool and his money.........."

To put in Porsche language, a 22B would be a GT3 to the 911 range or a GT4 to the Cayman, not just an up spec'd 986 from the regular options list.  But I do agree ¼ million quid for a scooby!!!  May be a Gp A Prodrive rally car.  A Prodrive P1 even with reasonable use will fetch stupid money but they were pretty special like the 22B but only 20% of the figure put on that 22B.  Both were around twice the price of the regular car and very limited in volume when they were new.  A Scooby comparison for the 550 might might be an RB5 or a Catalunya.  They are nicely spec'd cars and so command a small price premium but 'go' much the same as a standard one.

Anyway, I am curious as to why you find it difficult to understand me @EXY?  We've argued with each other from the same side more than once. 😕

1 hour ago, map said:

Well I own a super rare, one off, really unique, single year 986 with more power, more engines, bigger pistons, funny seats, a bonkers shifter and big yellow lights on the front.

Every single panel has been artisan patina’d.

The brake calipers are custom hot road salt finished and there’s no “standing around corrosion” on the disks.

If I get Timpsons to engrave a big dog tag with:

“Boxster RSR 1 of 1”

and stick it on the dashboard how much do you think it’ll be worth?

To a collector obvs.

And the factory provenance of this RSR Boxster is ???

2 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

To put in Porsche language, a 22B would be a GT3 to the 911 range or a GT4 to the Cayman, not just an up spec'd 986 from the regular options list.  But I do agree ¼ million quid for a scooby!!!  May be a Gp A Prodrive rally car.  A Prodrive P1 even with reasonable use will fetch stupid money but they were pretty special like the 22B but only 20% of the figure put on that 22B.  Both were around twice the price of the regular car and very limited in volume when they were new.  A Scooby comparison for the 550 might might be an RB5 or a Catalunya.  They are nicely spec'd cars and so command a small price premium but 'go' much the same as a standard one.

Anyway, I am curious as to why you find it difficult to understand me @EXY?  We've argued with each other from the same side more than once. 😕

Maybe I find it difficult to understand you because you are agreeing with me.

Word on the street is I'm not just an imbecile but an "utter imbecile"  ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EXY said:

Maybe I find it difficult to understand you because you are agreeing with me.

Word on the street is I'm not just an imbecile but an "utter imbecile"  ;)

Well, working to the dictionary definition - it is one up on idiot already, and you can aspire to reach moron.  The qualifier of utter may affect this ranking however.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

the 550 is not as special as owners would have you believe. It’s a nice car but it’s an ‘extra’ edition of a mass produced car.

Parts bin special, innit. Especially if you have one with black roof / interior.

Cocoa / 987 airbox were the only bits that couldn't be optioned from the factory on a boggo S.

Then again, some folks were saying a 981 GTS is collectible... I'll have whatever they're smoking :smoke1:

23 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

And the factory provenance of this RSR Boxster is ???

Not disimilar to a Singer - you should see the result of the OPC 111 point check @map got done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EXY said:

P.S. does it still have my wheels on it?

Not at the moment - can’t find the right all weather road tyres in those sizes - they might just become my track wheels - supa lite innit - could be ace with R888Rs on ‘em. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, map said:

Well it’s so rare most folk don’t know about it. 

So RSR stands for Rare Stealth Racer :bana:

I'm not allowed to add any more reactions today, didn't even know that was a thing,,,,lets see if there is a limit on Emoji's

:bana::laugh::ph34r::worship::blink:;):blush2::inocent::woot::):rocks::money::thumbsup_still::suicide_anim::whistle::crying_anim02::(:licki::unsure::icecream::nonono::slap:✌️🖖

Nope appears that's business as usual  :whistle:

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

The Prodrive Performance Pack was an approved Subaru mod that could be fitted to any WRX & STi. Think it cost around £1200 at the time and boosted bhp by 40 and with AWD cornered on rails. Great car. 

4 hours ago, EXY said:

Couldn't they be specified as an option on any 986 Boxster, albeit at a cost :blink:

Not sure about cocoa, unless via Porsche excluve manufaktur / similar. Then again, pay enough money and you could get whatever you want.

GT silver could be had as PTS.

987 airbox from factory on the 550 is brilliant though, and a PITA to retrofit to a non-550.

2 hours ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Then again, pay enough money and you could get whatever you want.

GT silver could be had as PTS.

987 airbox from factory on the 550 is brilliant though, and a PITA to retrofit to a non-550.

That's my understanding.

Isn't the leather hue Colour to Sample.

On 12/24/2022 at 6:49 PM, K.I.T.T. said:

Parts bin special, innit. Especially if you have one with black roof / interior.

But they emptied the parts bin right. Full leather or extended or whatever they call it all over the dash [and extra bits and pieces] which is a rare option especially on the face lift cars.

• Like 1

There were some bits you couldn't spec from the catalogue like the leather as you mention, the steering wheel, gear shifter and handbrake lever, the wheel colour, the mesh grilles at the rear, dials the airbox and possibly other bits too. Ia that worth a load more? Depends who's buying I guess 😀

• Like 1