The name of the tool

McDonald

On 5/20/2023 at 2:19 PM, Davey P said:

£7.50?  They saw you coming mate, mine have just arrived and they were only £7.09 😂

Pretty good quality I reckon, and they fit nice and tight 👍

20230518_145917[1]20230520_133430

Mine had the black and white design, and they still look OK so I'll probably put them back on in winter.

Here's a gratuitous pic after a quick wash this morning, with the new wheel caps fitted:

So mine have just arrived and look like decent quality for the price.. I can see from your close up pic that its like mine and looks to have a plastic film over the crest and im really wanting to peel it off but not sure if its meant to stay there! 😛 

Is it supposed to be just for postage protection or is it meant to be there long term as ive got the urge to attack it with a blade to take it off. 😐 

1 minute ago, fizz said:

So mine have just arrived and look like decent quality for the price.. I can see from your close up pic that its like mine and looks to have a plastic film over the crest and im really wanting to peel it off but not sure if its meant to stay there! 😛 

Is it supposed to be just for postage protection or is it meant to be there long term as ive got the urge to attack it with a blade to take it off. 😐 

I took the clear plastic film off mine, but that's not necessarily the correct thing to do. I think some people take the plastic off, then use a clear lacquer spray on them for extra protection, but I haven't bothered with that. If they start to look a bit rough after a while I'll just buy some more.  I'm pretty happy with them so far anyway.

11 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I think some people take the plastic off, then use a clear lacquer spray on them for extra protection

Someone should do this on 2 out of 4 of their wheel centres and then we can all see just how much longer they last...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Someone should do this on 2 out of 4 of their wheel centres and then we can all see just how much longer they last...

I'll report back, but I've lacquered both sets of mine (one set for 17" and one set for 18" rims).

I’m such a feckwit. I bought a set of these ages ago and was unimpressed with the dull colouring so never fitted them. I never thought to check whether they had a covering 🫣

• Haha 3

On 6/7/2023 at 6:20 PM, BBB said:

I’m such a feckwit. I bought a set of these ages ago and was unimpressed with the dull colouring so never fitted them. I never thought to check whether they had a covering 🫣

And you admitted to that on here!?

• Haha 1