Find me a 987.2 thread ??

Dubdubz

Just now, Mattman42 said:

Think I was told on here previously that there were relatively few 987 gen2 cars sold at the time, which maybe why we don't see as many on the market.

Of course, probably total b*ll*x 🤷‍♂️

I dunno, they were not out that long before the 981 came along so there will be lower numbers. You need a heated steering wheel in your life :D

10 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Maybe I'm cynical but not much effort on the exterior ones either, got a telescope ? 

It's on @EXY's side of the pond and a manual

https://www.parkers.co.uk/porsche/boxster/roadster/34-s-09-2d/for-sale/usedcfs-1010273500102525292/

2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Think I was told on here previously that there were relatively few 987 gen2 cars sold at the time, which maybe why we don't see as many on the market.

Of course, probably total b*ll*x 🤷‍♂️

No it’s true, we’ve seen production figures. And remember global financial collapse in 2008, barely recovering by 2013, during which time expensive 2-seat convertibles were in weak demand. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iborguk said:

heated seats is a must if the roof comes off 😉

15 hours ago, iborguk said:

not quite for me - avoiding white 😉 but they are coming down... there are some nice 997.1 with engine rebuilds for the stretching budget 
Also I dont go far so I struggle with having £x sat on the drive ... £15k>£25k I can probably be ok with 🙂 
maybe...

I have seen a couple of the better 987.2 drop their price so perhaps it is a case of just waiting 🙂 

15 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

If I end up sticking 2 fingers up to my current job (painfully close to doing that currently!) mine will be for sale

Eek

well as much as your car interests me greatly Im hoping you can work it out or find something that means your not forced into it

44 minutes ago, Dubdubz said:

Eek

well as much as your car interests me greatly Im hoping you can work it out or find something that means your not forced into it

Don't let him entice you in with his talk of unicorns - we all know how much he paid for it remember 😛

4 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Don't let him entice you in with his talk of unicorns - we all know how much he paid for it remember 😛

Don't forget I have spent £1k on tyres and £1k on paintwork etc so currently stands me in near as damn it £18k which is not a lot less than its worth

53 minutes ago, Dubdubz said:

Eek

Oi, get in line! 🤣

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Don't forget I have spent £1k on tyres and £1k on paintwork etc so currently stands me in near as damn it £18k which is not a lot less than its worth

🎻 - see that?  Its a really, really tiny violin and i can't hear you over the noise from it   😛

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dubdubz said:

Ah yes sorry but you did say you weren’t yet ready… 

but it won’t be for sale anytime soon 😃 is my prediction 

Circumstances change 😉  

That said I'm still not sure if I'd want to let the 986 go, particularly with the amount of work I've done on it, so I'm comfortable with a longer wait.

• 4 weeks later...

I may have found one - not going to jinx it by sharing just yet...

its a 3.4 and ok miles. 
Its PDK and has chrono, cruise  -  pretty sure it doesn't have PSE, doesnt have Xenons (as no chrome bumper nipples 🤣) , and no sports seats. 

Will the standard headlights be woeful ?, my 987.1 has Xenon and they are pretty good of course not PDSL good...

Also its not stretching the budget so thats a plus

8 minutes ago, Dubdubz said:

I may have found one - not going to jinx it by sharing just yet...

its a 3.4 and ok miles. 
Its PDK and has chrono, cruise  -  pretty sure it doesn't have PSE, doesnt have Xenons (as no chrome bumper nipples 🤣) , and no sports seats. 

Will the standard headlights be woeful ?, my 987.1 has Xenon and they are pretty good of course not PDSL good...

Also its not stretching the budget so thats a plus

Yes the standard headlights will disappoint , I went from cars with Bi xenon to standard and then PDLS+

Guess which lights I didn’t like…

Less important if the car is a weekend toy and obviously you may feel the rest of the car spec makes it worth it , for you.

Edited by iborguk