What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

On 4/9/2022 at 5:55 PM, ½cwt said:

Gave it a wash ready for a 5 day road trip to Shropshire and then Bristol/Bath area from Wednesday.  Will check levels, Ts & Ps tomorrow.

Levels, Ts & Ps checked, all good.  Roof and door seals Gummi Pfleged.  SatNav transferred in from the daily.  Ready for the off in the morning.  Forecast looking goo for lots of roof down motoring. 😀

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Photogirl said:

😆

You might want to see a doctor.

Funnily enough you aren’t the first to say that on hearing the “news”….. 🤷‍♂️.

A few meters away it looks OK - but as you get closer the “laughter lines” become more and more apparent. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, map said:

I washed it.

A few will understand just how worrying/momentous that is. 

Ahhh.. Its annual wash 😉

• Haha 1

Used it.

On a trip over to Lincolnshire I confirmed again that even just my old 2.7 is plenty quick enough for the roads, great fun and plenty of miles with the top down.

Greased up the roof with either silicone or lithium grease - it's now much quieter, particularly when putting up / down.

Filled up with gas (OMG, I've been spoiled by mainly electric miles recently, not as much fun, but crumbs, £96!!).

Hadn't realised how grubby the front windows get, so it got a wash too. Very spoiled little car!

4 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

That will have knocked 100 kilo off Mat!

Would that be 100kg of dirt off the car ....... or sweat off Map?  

Given that the Porsche classic register offers a couple of free washes, I wonder if Map did us proud and took it to his OPC to sort out.  😄

1 minute ago, Photogirl said:

Would that be 100kg of dirt off the car ....... or sweat off Map?  

Off the car..... Thank you 😂 

2 minutes ago, Photogirl said:

Given that the Porsche classic register offers a couple of free washes, I wonder if Map did us proud and took it to his OPC to sort out.  😄

Going to wander in there tomorrow - collect the plate holders (they're going to a friend) and the grill badge - might keep that.

Need another key so will sort that and might enquire about the 111 point check 🤔

Hadn't thought about getting them to wash it - reckon I'd have used up all this year's washes on this occasion.

Just now, RBD914 v2 said:

You might want to sit down for an hour by yourself in a dark room, and contemplate what you have done!

Indeed - mrs_map has already got me booked in for an emergency neurological assessment.

My heartfelt thanks to all those who have been troubled by today's news that I washed my car. Feel free to "fact check" this.....

In all seriousness I think it's around two years since it last saw a sponge.

Of course I've now got the fun bit - making it filthy again!

3 minutes ago, map said:

Indeed - mrs_map has already got me booked in for an emergency neurological assessment.

The shrink will probably suggest something like this: Mrs_map has to reward you. Then immediately give you something else to clean. Then a reward, and so on. Once ingrained, she can gradually taper off the rewards.  It worked for me  😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Photogirl said:

The shrink will probably suggest something like this: Mrs_map has to reward you. Then immediately give you something else to clean. Then a reward, and so on. Once ingrained, she can gradually taper off the rewards.  It worked for me  😂

Works on dogs...should work a treat on Matt...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Photogirl said:

Er...... she (mrs_map) is not seeing this 😐

3 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Works on dogs...should work a treat on Matt...

My Pavlovian reaction to this comment is to look for food 🤣

3 minutes ago, Photogirl said:

I meant to get the car cleaning habit formed - it's a training method!  It's what you do with dogs, children, or to assist with the development of positive routines. Just being light hearted, I didn't mean to offend.

I am so far from offended - I think it's really funny.

In all honesty mrs_map would be delighted to see proven training hints and tips..... which is why I'm not showing her this thread.  

Just imagine - regular car cleaning!

Where does that end?  

Me vacuuming the house, cutting the grass or even filling the empty crockery cupboard?

SHUDDER..... 🤔 😂

(I've changed my reaction emoji - I was trying to be ironic in response to your post and I am sorry that it didn't work - so the new smiley is a much better option)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jonogt6 said:

I see the local council got a great match in those paving slabs when they repaired it!😬

Pixelated dazzle camouflage pattern?

• Haha 1