Rebuilding my Wreck

ATM

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears 17 inch wheels do fit. 

Caliper is hard up against the wheel inner face without a spacer. Hopefully you can see the distance between the wheel and the disc facing. Fine once I added a spacer I had lying around - not sure how thick. I spun the wheel around and nothing rubbed. You can hopefully see there is not much room between caliper and wheel barrel. Space between caliper and wheel inner face is obviously dependent on the size of spacer used. Took a few pics.

20230107-133012.jpg

20230107-133020.jpg

20230107-133032.jpg

20230107-133310.jpg

20230107-133314.jpg

20230107-133326.jpg

20230107-133332.jpg

20230107-133345.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, cozzykim said:

What an amazing engaging read, and a great result.

Thanks

I dont know if anyone has read the whole thing recently from start to finish.  I'm assuming most people just dipped in and out as and when as the time ticked by.  It's feeling like the car is finished now.  But I will update here if anything changes.  

Car is booked in for MOT next week.  Expecting a clean sweep.  Although I did get an advisory last year for worn rear pads.  If I get time I will order some new ones.  They look fine to Me.  I believe they have the same brakes on both the 2.7 and the 3.4 cars.  Just calliper colour is different.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 11:03 AM, ATM said:

I didn't manage to save the rear wear sensors

Cut off the wires about 40mm downstream exiting the multiplug that would normally attach to the brake pad sensor and join the stubs together. Hey presto, no warnig light. And its very easy to see through the wheel to check brake pad wear.

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, ATM said:

20230915-121105.jpg

There's hint of something in the foreground near the green hedge and green cones or are my eyes deceiving me?

Seriously, that was an inspired colour choice for your rebuild.

On 9/15/2023 at 12:42 PM, ATM said:

Thanks lads

Still not been cleaned since it was painted.  Roof is a mess.  Think fungus and moss and you will be on the right lines.

Are you trying to blend the roof colour with the body?