• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

Liking that - be great to see it all done 

Patience young man

I smashed it up Dec 18

I've not been exactly quick getting myself organised but I've decided that now is the time

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, daz05 said:

Looks good on 18s 👍

Thanks

I went for the thinnest tyres I could find on the front - 215 45 - and then added 30 for the rears - 245 45.  I chose Continental Premium Contact 6 because they had a rear with 96 loading where as Michelin had just 100 loading in Pilot Sport 5.

@map was there a thread where we discussing a 986 which had been painted or jazzed up by a firm to promote their company - maybe an Australian firm?

I've had a look through my activity going back 2 years and can't find it.

I seem to remember it had split rim wheels with red centres - possibly different colours front and back and also some stripes on the front wings which went up onto the bonnet vertically instead of along the side horizontally. 

Anyway the point is didn't it have the windscreen surround painted black even though it was mainly silver?

This car is going in for paint tomorrow and I'm toying with the idea of leaving the windscreen surround black. I quite like the way it will not stand out when roof is down and match with the roof when it's up / closed. 

Can you remember that thread?

What do people think about a black windscreen surround?

• 2 weeks later...