Rebuilding my Wreck

ATM

49 minutes ago, ATM said:

My painter guy suggested making that black and tying it in with a black spoiler.  I wasn't sure.

Black with your green spoiler would look better than a black spoiler. It's the only bit of chrome on the car, I just wonder what it would look like blended in red, or black as your painter suggested. I can't recall seeing anyone having de-chromed theirs...

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car looks absolutely fantastic, exactly as described when you was telling us about your colour choice. Somehow despite being as expected it looks better than I imagined. 

I love seeing the build threads and tinkering threads in this forum. This has got to be without doubt the one of the best. Last time we met your car looked like @Chukkieegghad tried to do a 3 point turn in it & now it's really making me fancy a 981 😅 

Well done you. Can't wait to stone chip it 😇

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ATM said:

Still in the honeymoon period.  Car is getting babied.  

Don't worry I'll tell my tyres to only aim for the windscreen 😅 

I don't blame you to be fair. Might have to arrange a evening at the Motorist with @mapto see it and catch up at some stage. 

9 hours ago, Cocky said:

Might have to arrange a evening at the Motorist with @mapto see it and catch up at some stage. 

Like the sound of that - work is starting to smooth out so up for a meet sometime.

8 hours ago, ATM said:

Looks a bit posh for Us lot - well me anyway.

It's not like that - have been a couple of times and it's a good place to see a variety of motor based stuff.  There isn't the same level of clique mentality I've seen elsewhere.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ATM said:

Is this a stalk with cruise and if so can I fit this to my car and it would work with some remapping maybe?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253546359067

s-l1600.jpg

Don't think so.  The Cruise lever sits on the left-hand side of the wheel and below the light stalk.

No cruise on that you probably have that one already. As above you are looking for 4 stalks, bottom left is where cruise sits. Fit that and code in and should work. May also need a clock spring from same car.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Cruise needs an enabling code on a 981 I think. So not just plug in and code you need a vin linked activation code.

@Richard Hamilton - keep me honest - does 981 need activation code for cruise. ? 

Previous thread on this in which @Richard Hamilton confirmed an activation/authorisation code for PIWIS is required for 981's.

Edited by iborguk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...