Rebuilding my Wreck

ATM

On 7/1/2022 at 6:08 PM, ATM said:

20220701-175003.jpg

20220701-175013.jpg

20220701-175021.jpg

@emil2099

I've only just had the wheels powder coated in Satin Black to match the pic of the green 911 which inspired me.  I'm not normally a fan of black wheels but I'm just sticking to the palette of that 911 pic.  Some of my mates are already asking about the yellow details like brake callipers and lettering but for me that feels like a step too far.  

These were my winter set but I'm now using for Summers as I believe most cars drive so much better on smaller wheels - scroll back a couple of pages for more geeky details about the thinner tyre sizes.

• Like 1

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great and awesome colour!

If you are going to be picky, needs a little lower stance though to bring the wheels up into the arches IMHO

But compared to where its come from to where it is now, that is a proper job! :)

18 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Looks great and awesome colour!

If you are going to be picky, needs a little lower stance though to bring the wheels up into the arches IMHO

But compared to where its come from to where it is now, that is a proper job! :)

Yeah that's why I went for black wheels to try to hide them with the arch in general as it's all black in there

Thanks lads

It's not perfect so if you look up close you can see some blemishes in the paint but I wasn't expecting perfection. For now I'm just trying to get used to how shiny it is. Maybe after a few days it will look less obvious. But then it might be going back for ceramic coating after it's had a few more weeks for the paint to become more hardened. 

3 minutes ago, ATM said:

Thanks lads

It's not perfect so if you look up close you can see some blemishes in the paint but I wasn't expecting perfection. For now I'm just trying to get used to how shiny it is. Maybe after a few days it will look less obvious. But then it might be going back for ceramic coating after it's had a few more weeks for the paint to become more hardened. 

Get a well set up shot of it for the 2023 calendar?? @Malcolm E Box

Nice one, I like how it's turned out. Those wheels really need some spacers the offset is a little shy.

Gloss black hoops would be nice to match the other accents.

A good machine polish after the paint has hardened will do wonders for the finish if it isn't quite right.

Edited by daz05