Boxtser done got written off :(

Fatbaldboy

Car was sat minding it's own business with nobody in it when some loon drove into the back of it.  Smashed the rear end and shunted the car up over the kerb and into a tree.  Thankfully missus fatbaldboy was at home and got all the details etc. 

Unlikely I'll get enough back from the insurers to enable me to (justify the expense to) get another :(.  Maybe though.

Sorry to hear this. You have to think that it could have been worse. I hope no one was hurt.

Fingers crossed you get a good valuation pay out and you can buy another in time for the summer.

So sorry to hear this chap ….. I would try to argue how much it cost,any thing you spent on the car etc

Si

Very bad news indeed mate ☹ 

Could have been a lot worse living next to a sxhool, not that helps your situation....

Remember not to accept the first couple of offers. Prepare your case with links to cars for sale of a similar age/mileage/spec and tell insurers it will cost £xxxx to replace.

Not sure your good lady will appreciate being called missus fatbaldboy though.😀

As Scubaregs says, prepare your case now. Trawl auto trader, gumtree, the usual, for ads of cars of similar spec to yours. Print those ads with the higher prices. Note what your car had which they didn't, eg heated seats, xenons, full service history, whatever, in order to claim that yours would be worth more than them.

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Remember not to accept the first couple of offers. Prepare your case with links to cars for sale of a similar age/mileage/spec and tell insurers it will cost £xxxx to replace.

Not sure your good lady will appreciate being called missus fatbaldboy though.😀

Exactly this.....I had all this cr*p with Direct Line when the wifes Saab 93 got put on its roof in field next to the M25 thanks to some Eastern European Trucker.

Get on Autotrader and Piston Heads and find cars of same/similar mileage (within 5k miles), spec...colour is not to important.

PRINT THE ADS OUT!!

Get a your local indi or Porsche centre that you used and knew your car to write you a friendly and realistic appraisal..

I had the case with Direct Line the assessor started giving it the large saying that the car was only worth £X,XXX on Glasses Guide, to which I told him hold on a second let me log into my GG account (it was my trader buddies account) and get a valuation oh and guess what the assessor was taking the worst case (Poor) condition price....which i countered with photos of the car after it was freshly detiailed and looked like new.

Do your homework and dont be walked over...if they offer you £3k less than market value tell them to shove it and prove that you need £X,XXX to replace it (remove your excess obviously). You shouldn't have to but sadly they want to pay out as little as possible. Hope this helps 

Sorry to hear this, one tale from a positive encounter with an insurer. Was insured with Aviva when I wrote off my Saab 93 convertible. Was ready to go to battle, but their first offer came back at £250 more than I paid for the car 12mths before so I just accepted it there and then.

Sorry to hear your bad news there are s few of us that have had our Boxsters wrote off and I think we all just added to the pay out and up graded to the next Boxster, all good advice above and it works I didn't take the first offer and they came back with a better offer in my case anyway.

Guvs.

Sorry to read this. Wishing you the best of luck!

So sorry to hear this, my car was rear ended last year. General accident offered me a good price, which I managed to increase by telling them about add ons. The good news is I've not looked back after purchasing my first porsche boxster. Not stopped smiling since. Hope all goes well.

Thanks for the advice and commiserations. I'm expecting the call from the insurer today so will keep the thread updated with how nicely they behave. I'm with Hastings Direct.

The car was a repaired cat d when I got it so price comparison will be harder and then, consequently, finding something in my price bracket will also be harder too.

The car was in great condition, no hint of the original damage, every panel straight, every gap even etc.

I removed the mats before it went, think that was all there was off any worth other than a brand new battery.

I've got a Merc c220 diesel as my hire car. Drives like a dog...until you put it into sport+ mode...then it drives like a dog - but with a badge on the dash that says sport+.

I think you should have another Boxster or similar as the replacement while your insurance company are sorting out the payout, not a repmobile.  Remind them of this, and the fact that you will have a hire car at their expense until you agree the w/o value with them.

My son-in-law had a neighbour damage his nearly new Boxster last year. It went to OPC for repair and they introduced him to a company/scheme whereby he got a Boxster (981 not 718 which some might consider a plus 😁) courtesy car, the cost of which was reclaimed from the insurer. Since OPC took ages to do the work I think the total cost was about £40k most of which was hire costs.

Dave

Ive had a 718 and a 981 Cayman on two occassions Ive had minor dinks (3rd parties fault) in mine via my insurer

First one was about 19 days at £300 per day cost to their insurer, more recent was £350 per day for about 10 days IIRC, also to the other parties insurer (actually I'm with Aviva and so was She!)

I wouldnt take the pith but why should you put up with a lesser car, it wasnt your fault...

I'm not too bothered about the dodgy Merc to be honest, undoubtedly less fun etc but it has meant I that I can take the missus and the fatbaldboy kids out with a top down car altogether.

Much more concerned that it might be the end of my 987 ownership.

No settlement offer yet.

Archived