What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

6 minutes ago, jasonmo said:

I'm thinking about an exhaust upgrade also. Had a carnewal on may last 3.4 .1 - loved it - but the exhaust on my current one is a little bent so probably will go replacement this time. Maybe Spyder valved one... unsure

What can I expect from the Carnewal? Not looking for ASBOy-racer levels of noise, but would like a bit meatier below 3000 rpm.
Currently *think* I can hear a bit of a burble on overrun when well warmed up. Doe's the Carnewall introduce any pops or farts?

Just now, eob said:

What can I expect from the Carnewal? Not looking for ASBOy-racer levels of noise, but would like a bit meatier below 3000 rpm.
Currently *think* I can hear a bit of a burble on overrun when well warmed up. Doe's the Carnewall introduce any pops or farts?

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, eob said:

Carnewal is great!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, eob said:

I think it needs to happen.

Front Tyres first, Michelins PS5 I think. Then Carnewal just after new year. Early birthday gift to myself.

I can listen to my Carnewall all day long...often turn off the radio to just listen to the rumble instead.. you wont be disappointed 😊

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 3:50 PM, eob said:

Interested to hear what prompted you to change the handbrake shoes or ifit was just part of the brake service.

My handbrake comes up around 5 or 6 clicks and is solid, but it doesn't hold the car very well on a slope.

Handbrake shoes weren't looking great & since the discs wwere being replaced...

My handbrake was the same. Don't know how to describe them but the little links at the drums were seized & needed freeing up. May be the same with you.

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2022 at 11:16 AM, eob said:

I think it needs to happen.

Front Tyres first, Michelins PS5 I think. Then Carnewal just after new year. Early birthday gift to myself.

Not Carnewal but Revolution Porsche mod on a 2.7 (No crackles on this mod) From 1:02:41 if the link doesn't take you directly.

On 10/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, eob said:

Many people got exactly that from the Carnewal, the common comment is "This is what it should have been like". No pops or farts, I think they are linked to fuelling not the back box.  (oo-er...)

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Many people got exactly that from the Carnewal, the common comment is "This is what it should have been like". No pops or farts, I think they are linked to fuelling not the back box.  (oo-er...)

That makes sense because when the neds go by in their shyateboxes when I'm out walking the dog there is always a lingeing smell of unburnt fuel.

20 hours ago, cptspaulding said:

Handbrake shoes weren't looking great & since the discs wwere being replaced...

My handbrake was the same. Don't know how to describe them but the little links at the drums were seized & needed freeing up. May be the same with you.

Lee at Cotswold Porsche said my handbrake will need doing when I next do my disks, might just get away with not doing them when the MOT is up in March, but I'm starting to put the money aside for it now 😒

OK so here’s what I did today.   Not very exciting…

Fitted the latest coolant expansion tank cap (part number ending 04) as I noticed a small amount of coolant around the old one after a drive.

Fitted a new fuel cap as the seal on the old one was perished.

Sorted a missing cap on the seat belt retaining strap on the passenger side.   Porsche won’t sell just the cap, they sell the whole strap at £54 inc VAT !    So fixed it with a simple number plate fixing screw, and the cap that goes with it……

Yesterday however - I completed the install of a Pioneer CarPlay head unit.  It rocks compared to the old PCM 2.1 unit.  I also replaced the climate control temp and fan switches while I was at it…

• Like 2

My mudflaps had moved after being in contact with the road after the last run out.. 🙄😃

Took the rear mud flaps off and unbent the brackets that supported them and refitted.. 

Time to get some fasteners as the old ones are manky..

Now that my car is in hibernation, it's time to think all sort of upgrades. ;) Just sent an email to Royal Steering Wheel if they could redo my Sport Design wheel in alcantara. I bought the wheel used this summer, and it must have done 3x more miles than my car and it also smells strognly of some perfume. Let's see what they say, I'm most worried about shipping things back and forth from an EU country.

The smelly wheel:

igGT5OC.jpg

New front brake pads
New front brake discs
New front brake sensors and pad springs and pin kit
New rear brake pads
New rear brake discs
New rear brake sensors and pad springs and pin kit
New brake fluid and flush
New front shocks
New front top mounts, bearings and bump stops
Full alignment
Re-fixed gearbox / exhaust heat shield (rattling)
Greased clam shell runners

• Like 2

Two new rear tyres fitted (Goodyear Eagle F1) and a MOT pass with no advisories (first time in 5 years)🎉

Tyres and MOT carried out by Mr Tyre in Northampton. Absolutely great service and price for tyres and MOT.  Only booked it in due to great experience yesterday when getting two tyres for my other car. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 7:08 PM, Finbox said:

Now that my car is in hibernation, it's time to think all sort of upgrades. ;) Just sent an email to Royal Steering Wheel if they could redo my Sport Design wheel in alcantara. I bought the wheel used this summer, and it must have done 3x more miles than my car and it also smells strognly of some perfume. Let's see what they say, I'm most worried about shipping things back and forth from an EU country.

The smelly wheel:

igGT5OC.jpg

The secret steering wheel cleaning item is Pears soap. Works great.

• Like 1