What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

As it was a relatively nice day, uncovered the car, checked the tyre pressures, oil, coolant and hood operation. Took it out for a 20-25 minute drive, attached the CTEK to make sure the battery was fully charged, and covered it back up. Was thinking of Sorning it, but then I'd miss days like today.

• Like 1

Got my insurance renewal of £483. So £30 less than last year.... a quick look at the comparison sites and it appears to be the cheapest quote as well. Which is still a cheaper premium than the £1000 Alfa GT was... mad world

Interesting that the comparison sites pre fill in the estimated value, got from between £18k and £22k depending on the site #Oldoutyaaaaand

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

Got my insurance renewal of £483. So £30 less than last year.... a quick look at the comparison sites and it appears to be the cheapest quote as well. Which is still a cheaper premium than the £1000 Alfa GT was... mad world

Interesting that the comparison sites pre fill in the estimated value, got from between £18k and £22k depending on the site #Oldoutyaaaaand

Probably helps that you are really old too - lowers the premium  😛

I looked at a multi-car policy at the weekend and the insured valuation was £16k - so a potential profit to be had !

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Happy

Picked car up from paint shop, bonnet back to bare metal, front bumper and wings, extremely pleased!!

like the wheels - i have the same design in standard solver and was considering going black the silver stripe makes a big difference

Not cheap at 1.5 k including the dreaded vat , however that’s bonnet removal and bare metalled , front bumper off and full machine polish plus the wings totally blown in and not the tops blending in , pays your money and have it done right?

8 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

like the wheels - i have the same design in standard solver and was considering going black the silver stripe makes a big difference

That’s the trick , breaks them up , with it being a 3.4S sports edition with all the bells and whistles, looks like a Black Edition 

23 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Not cheap at 1.5 k including the dreaded vat , however that’s bonnet removal and bare metalled , front bumper off and full machine polish plus the wings totally blown in and not the tops blending in , pays your money and have it done right?

what sort of time frame did it take ?

7 minutes ago, Patt said:

what sort of time frame did it take ?

A month, I left it with them as I was in no rush, plus I had a holiday during that , so it was done between jobs ……and not rushed!!

• Like 1

finally collected my "classic register" number plate surrounds from OPC today. still not sure they will ever go on the car but maybe if i decide to replace the plates at some stage. Also found out that the 15% discount on parts over the counter they were offering was a loophole that has been closed and they cant do it anymore. 

I did feel that was "an official line" and that conversations could be had - we'll see.

They did give me 10% off some nice highball glasses i spotted while i was there.

17 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Would you consider PPF? Some do some don’t. But I don’t see you as a polisher!

Correctly identified as not a polisher….. but quite an investment on a 15 + year old car …do I want to protect that , or just carry on how I enjoy the experience of ragging it and not be bothered 🤔

48 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

but quite an investment on a 15 + year old car …do I want to protect that

I’m sort of surprised you went for a bare metal respray! Though I didn’t see how it was before. Hence the question. 
I now have good PPF on my arches, better than Porsche original patches, and I find it an acquired taste. Personal choice will depend upon mileage, future ownership expectation, taste, etc. 

38 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

I’m sort of surprised you went for a bare metal respray! Though I didn’t see how it was before. Hence the question. 
I now have good PPF on my arches, better than Porsche original patches, and I find it an acquired taste. Personal choice will depend upon mileage, future ownership expectation, taste, etc. 

it was only the bonnet peppered in big stone chips , had a cheapy  job done just on the bonnet and basically the idiot just barely flatted back and sprayed over, hence removing his shoddy work and taking it back to the basics 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ninesomething said:

Really need to get mine done..... BTW have you blacked your vents? And if so did you DIY it?

Zunnsport mesh and if you look close you can see Cayman side vents which in my opinion look so much better 

• Like 1

Today mostly this morning installing a Porsche classic PCCM , can’t understand why Porsche want to charge £1500 to install , I’ve been at it for two  hours, another 30 mins tomorrow, will be job done 🤔