What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

31 minutes ago, daz05 said:

It's secured with 3M double sided tape, cleaned the surface and degreased and then used the heat gun on low when applying. It survived the first blast when I went out the other night.

It's quite subtle but adds a little something, I thought about putting it all the way round but it's not a flat surface so prefer this.

Agreed, it does add a little something. 

Is it a generic ebay lip, or something more bespoke?

5 hours ago, Rooose said:

Agreed, it does add a little something. 

Is it a generic ebay lip, or something more bespoke?

It's a rubber garage door seal, yes available on ebay for around £10.  Be great to make a template and get someone to produce a OEM quality lip for us,

6 hours ago, daz05 said:

It's a rubber garage door seal, yes available on ebay for around £10.  Be great to make a template and get someone to produce a OEM quality lip for us,

I’m working with a us vendor to fine tune this 991 front splitter modified to fit the boxster and caymans 981/982 .Wasnr happy with the end fittings on this version but the lads just sent obver some newly designed pieces so I’ll retry and let ye know how it looks 

D2106-DE8-B084-48-DF-B824-1-EE47-B5071-D

43062-B63-E253-408-F-8-F87-5-AABDBEFE7-B

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

I’m working with a us vendor to fine tune this 991 front splitter modified to fit the boxster and caymans 981/982 .Wasnr happy with the end fittings on this version but the lads just sent obver some newly designed pieces so I’ll retry and let ye know how it looks 

D2106-DE8-B084-48-DF-B824-1-EE47-B5071-D

43062-B63-E253-408-F-8-F87-5-AABDBEFE7-B

That looks promising if it fits well I would buy one.  They really need something to toughen up the front.  What is the expected cost?

7 hours ago, Patt said:

Not the greatest pictures, but it does kind of look like two separate spoilers  - and that is a look chavs trying too hard 😆

Ha ha Patt I'm pretty sure it's not suitable for the car yet. Hope so anyway

Ordered a pair of these yesterday 🤞 they work fine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Smoke-Bumper-Side-Marker-Light-For-13-16-Porsche-981-Cayman-Boxster-991-911/362100389199?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

40 minutes ago, mneil said:

Nice one, I just ordered the OEM LED ones. 

4 hours ago, daz05 said:

Nice one, I just ordered the OEM LED ones. 

Great minds and all that😃

Will be interesting to see the differences when they arrive and when we post photos after fitting. I fear mine will not arrive for a few weeks, coming from Tiawan:plane:

On 6/24/2020 at 9:10 AM, RickLS7 said:

Wow, you even had the wind deflector painted.  Look forward to seeing it together.

I posted some photos in the Running Report section but here's a taste for others that haven't looked there.

2020-06-24_11-54-412020-06-24_11-56-022020-06-24_11-55-24

Guvs.

Edited by Guvs

22 hours ago, Guvs said:

I posted some photos in the Running Report section but here's a taste for others that haven't looked there.

2020-06-24_11-54-412020-06-24_11-56-022020-06-24_11-55-24

Guvs.

Looks great, really like the contrast between the parts you had painted and the black roof/interior. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 8:28 PM, robporsche said:

fitted spacers today 7mm front,  15mm rear,  much happier although they come with a security bolt and im not a fan of them so need to swap that out at some stage.  really happy with the look now.  Tinted reverse light and then had a play around with headlamps, pretty tricky but got there in the end,  too dark and and it should have been light grey but i think it looks a bit brown so took it off.  got some spray tint tomorrow so will have play with that tomorrow and if that works well i might do the windbreaker aswell.

1.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg

Hi

car looks great.

Where did you get the front lower diffuser from.

7 minutes ago, lofi said:

Made any noticeable difference?

It's still parked in the drive. Strines run in the morning but expecting performance gains to be so small as not to be noticable. It's just the last thing on the list of performance mods and is now ready for yet another remap. 

Didn't sound any different on tick over but maybe that might change when out on the road.

4 minutes ago, mneil said:

It's still parked in the drive. Strines run in the morning but expecting performance gains to be so small as not to be noticable. It's just the last thing on the list of performance mods and is now ready for yet another remap. 

Didn't sound any different on tick over but maybe that might change when out on the road.

I had a BMC in my m3 definitely made a little more induction noise. I have the symposer so tempted to try it on mine too.

cr*p pics, but finally swapped over the side-repeaters on my 981 BGTS to the 911 led ones.

literally took me longer to detach the multi plug / electrical connector than it did to remove and replace the actual indicator unit. Plenty of how-to’s on you tube so didn’t bother with capturing mine.

a VERY subtle mod that most won’t notice, but then we’re mostly all afflicted with the same OCD with these cars!

Standard unit top, new led below

50079661903_f7ac10ca84_n.jpg

existing unit

50080491792_23e201672a_n.jpg

new led 

50080491797_f1f3ba1ddd_n.jpg

• Like 1

@daz05 yep mine were sitting in a box in the garage since prior to lockdown. Finally went out for a short, semi-impromptu run with @Saxosim yesterday (first lock-down), so did the side-repeater change before squeezing the car back into the garage. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 2:26 PM, lofi said:

Made any noticeable difference?

I found a slight improvement in throttle response and a bit more noise...

Next for me is a new lightweight battery as mine is nearly 6 years old and it's only a matter of time before it fails despite me giving it the Optimate from time to time too.