Not doing them all.ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

BCD9CF24-B7B7-4D96-A9BA-CF187EE976CC.jpe

ย 

3 hours ago, Jon4343 said:

ย 

Sheโ€™s arrived

hopefully the link will work

PPF applied by Miglior Automotive and I would highly recommend them

Looks fantastic! Is that Agate with Bordeaux interior? Did you go for red or black roof?
ย 

Iโ€™m interested because that colour scheme is on my shortlist. I placed my order in August so, based on your timeline, maybe mine will arrive in Q4. Which OPC did you use?

On 4/11/2022 at 6:03 PM, Jon4343 said:

ย 

Sheโ€™s arrived

hopefully the link will work

PPF applied by Miglior Automotive and I would highly recommend them

Looks lovely Jon, Iโ€™ve currently got an agate grey 981S and have always thought itโ€™s one of the best colours available.

I Ordered my 718 4.0 PDK in June 2021 and originally specced a September 2022 delivery, no sign of an allocation yet, probably the recent events in Ukraine and energy problems have triggered the following note on the Porsche configurator.

ย  (Please be aware we are experiencing extended lead times on new cars, speak to your Porsche Centre for further details.)

All this probably means delivery more like early 2023 and having to pay the ยฃ1300 price increase into the bargain, only redeeming thought is that it will be at least a 2023 model. I am hoping that if my OPC takes delivery before the new year, say November or December they can store it until January before registration. Failing that I can perhaps buy it and store it myself until January.

6 hours ago, Jon4343 said:

https://imgur.com/a/pNrx6q9

this link might work for some more photos ๐Ÿคž

Jon, lovely, like very much the two tone interior!!

regarding the ppf protection, was this offered by the OPC at order time or were you recommended to Miglior Independently? Also may I ask how much you had done and the costs involved. Thanks Martynย 

Edited by martyn

Hi Martynย 

found Miglior by accident on the web and turns out they arenโ€™t far from me.
I went to have a chat and very quickly felt confident they would do a good job. Turns out that they are very well thought of in the trade.ย They collected the car from Bolton in their trailer and took it back to their studio in Accrington. I had a track pack and doors done for ยฃ3000. Very impressed with them and they took the bumper and headlights out to ensure they got as much coverage as possible which I donโ€™t think most other companies do.ย 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jon for the info, Iโ€™m looking for a suitably equivalent well thought of company around the East Coast for a quote on a similar job.

How are you finding your new toy, more oomph than you thought? ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Edited by martyn

On 4/19/2022 at 5:24 PM, martyn said:

Jon, lovely, like very much the two tone interior!!

Agreed!ย  Love the dark grey top of the dash and doors, and the red underneath - how to get a nice red interior without having it in your face. Excellent choice!

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Agreed!ย  Love the dark grey top of the dash and doors, and the red underneath - how to get a nice red interior without having it in your face. Excellent choice!

+1

17 hours ago, Jon4343 said:

I know what you mean about the red roof but seriously the salesman refused to sell us one with a red roof

Er... how does that work then...?ย  Surely the salesman should be selling you what YOU want...?

Having said that, the car does look bloody brilliant, so not really such a problem I guessย :thumbsup_anim:

It's arrived, picked up The Wasp yesterday and spent the afternoon hooning around. I even got a little wave and flash from a guy in an Audi convertible

It is just fantastic.....It has everything; goes like sh*t off a shovel, acceleration is blistering, comfortable and so planted. I know black and yellow isn't everyone's cuppa, but I think it really works, makes the car feel and look more like a sports car (I used to have the 981 GTS in Agate and that fell more like a GT)....All just head trickery I guess.

I went for the 10mm lowered rather than the standard 20mm as I have a steep driveaway and it even then I still scraped the mud-flaps on the the way out (no problem going up).

Shiny black calipers, front and rear, door handles, yellow dials, seat belts

The only thing I'm not keen on is the dials, I got them in yellow but all the warning lights etc are visible on the dials, it makes it look more 'racy' but it all a bit too busy for me.

I also went for the black headlights to give it the more 'insecty' look and totally forgot that the running lights are on all the time. So when the car's in motion I'm missing a bit of the effect I was going for, hardly a big deal.

I placed my first deposit in June 2021, finalised the spec mid Nov 2021, I managed to place the final order the day before the prices went up, so the dealership honoured the price with no quibbles. I did have to pay an extra ยฃ105 as the road tax has gone up in the meantime.

I'll sort out some photos and post them in the next few days

ย 

279416044_5250985594966171_9178482180978518740_n.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, TheUnderfiend said:

It's arrived, picked up The Wasp yesterday and spent the afternoon hooning around. I even got a little wave and flash from a guy in an Audi convertible

It is just fantastic.....It has everything; goes like sh*t off a shovel, acceleration is blistering, comfortable and so planted. I know black and yellow isn't everyone's cuppa, but I think it really works, makes the car feel and look more like a sports car (I used to have the 981 GTS in Agate and that fell more like a GT)....All just head trickery I guess.

I went for the 10mm lowered rather than the standard 20mm as I have a steep driveaway and it even then I still scraped the mud-flaps on the the way out (no problem going up).

Shiny black calipers, front and rear, door handles, yellow dials, seat belts

The only thing I'm not keen on is the dials, I got them in yellow but all the warning lights etc are visible on the dials, it makes it look more 'racy' but it all a bit too busy for me.

I also went for the black headlights to give it the more 'insecty' look and totally forgot that the running lights are on all the time. So when the car's in motion I'm missing a bit of the effect I was going for, hardly a big deal.

I placed my first deposit in June 2021, finalised the spec mid Nov 2021, I managed to place the final order the day before the prices went up, so the dealership honoured the price with no quibbles. I did have to pay an extra ยฃ105 as the road tax has gone up in the meantime.

I'll sort out some photos and post them in the next few days

ย 

279416044_5250985594966171_9178482180978518740_n.jpg

Looks superb!ย  Enjoyย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Yep, another vote for "awesome" from me.ย  I'm not a fan of black wheels, they always look a bit lost to me, so I prefer bog standard silver.ย  But everything else is bloody brilliant, obviously - well done mateย ย :thumbsup_anim:

38 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Yep, another vote for "awesome" from me.ย  I'm not a fan of black wheels, they always look a bit lost to me, so I prefer bog standard silver.ย  But everything else is bloody brilliant, obviously - well done mateย ย :thumbsup_anim:

I do know what you mean, you can't see the detail of them, they don't stand out in any way, but I think I felt silver would have looked odd with the rest of the spec.

If I'd have thought on I mightย  have had the headlight washers painted black too, but then I probably would have been charged ยฃ350 for the pleasure! I'm sure I've got a pot of Hammerite somewhere...

Edited by TheUnderfiend
missed a bit