Project 387

timbobalobox

Great build, I really covet that kit car and feel like I've cheated just turning up a week before it's sprayed!  It's been a good read this evening and wish you the best of luck.  Very jealous...did I say that already?

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 9:53 AM, Araf said:

Still rooting for the dark red. :)

That would be very nice,  have to have sumptuous tan upholstery too. I am hoping it's the light apple green metallic, black or a dark brown interior . . 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, skoosh1970 said:

Monday morning update please ..........!!!!!!

Nothing too interesting I'm afraid!

Got a few bits delivered - don't know if I'll use the pegasus logo yet, but wanted to have it as an option.  Frustratingly you can only seem to get the Speedster badges in gold as opposed to the silver Porcshe badges I'd already bought, so my OCD made me get them all in gold :D 

IMG_5133

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, timbobalobox said:

Nothing too interesting I'm afraid!

Got a few bits delivered - don't know if I'll use the pegasus logo yet, but wanted to have it as an option.  Frustratingly you can only seem to get the Speedster badges in gold as opposed to the silver Porcshe badges I'd already bought, so my OCD made me get them all in gold :D 

IMG_5133

....Smoke and mirrors me thinks..... clearly chosen a colour that will compliment the gold accents.... that clearly rules red out... i'm going for a smoked aluminium grey... !!!

15 minutes ago, skoosh1970 said:

clearly chosen a colour that will compliment the gold accents.... that clearly rules red out...

Red and Gold don't work together? Eh? Shows what you know 🙂 !

2 minutes ago, entdgc said:

Red and Gold don't work together? Eh? Shows what you know 🙂 !

...on a ricer maybe but not on a classic porsche........!!!!

But, each to his own i guess.

1 minute ago, skoosh1970 said:

...on a ricer maybe but not on a classic porsche........!!!!

But, each to his own i guess.

I'm sure I've seen a 356 in red with gold badges... ah, here we are:

023-1140x801.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skoosh1970 said:

....Smoke and mirrors me thinks..... clearly chosen a colour that will compliment the gold accents.... that clearly rules red out... i'm going for a smoked aluminium grey... !!!

Nah never,  waaaay to corporate. Oh and Johnnie Walker red label whiskey has a red and gold label and lots of wine bottles. You must be T- total 🔴🟡🔴🟡🔴🟡🔴

2 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Nah never,  waaaay to corporate. Oh and Johnnie Walker red label whiskey has a red and gold label and lots of wine bottles. You must be T- total 🔴🟡🔴🟡🔴🟡🔴

Or red/green colour blind? 🤔

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, JonSta said:

It's all gone a bit quiet. Has he decided he doesn't like the colour he chose now it's done?

Whole car colour sampling may be?

1 hour ago, JonSta said:

It's all gone a bit quiet. Has he decided he doesn't like the colour he chose now it's done?

Didn't like it so sent it back to go for another colour 🤣

Not really - just nothing to report yet!  Once I get it back home I'll post some photos for judgement day :D 

Ideally need it back by next weekend as I've got a free couple of days, so can get concentrate on making it drivable again!

• Like 4

Good news/bad news...

Good news - I've been to the painters and seen it after the colour and lacquer (x 3 coats) has been sprayed on, and I'm really happy.  It looks a lot better in the flesh than I had imagined :)   They're now going to 800 grit sand the top lacquer coat off then polish before it comes back which is...

The bad news - it probably won't be by the weekend, which means I have to continue with painting the house 🤦‍♂️

Also the wheels are delayed, which whilst I won't be driving anywhere any time soon, would be nice to get it all together

I do have some photos if folk want to see, or wait until it's back with the lights etc in?