Project 387

timbobalobox

15 minutes ago, maybe said:

Looks bloody fantastic, and what a superb job they have done. 😁

What colour is it?

Thank you :)

The colour code it's based on is Porsche Crystal Green Metallic (3P/A6W), then got them to add some gold/tobacco to get it a little like the Porsche tobacco (which I really liked) and give it more metallic

Here's a thought, as you mentioned you were limited by the interior colour. You said early on that you'd saved a few Pinterest pics.  Now you actually know what the exterior looks like, consider changing the centre panels of the seats to something that matches with the green/tobacco mix you have. It will greatly lighten the interior (I did it on my old family car), and you can choose if you want leather, a pale green alcantara (some hate alcantara, I love it), or some sort of Porsche 60s/70s chequered cloth... but I think changing the centre panels will lift your black interior without being as much work as swapping the entire interior for beige etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, timbobalobox said:

Thank you :)

The colour code it's based on is Porsche Crystal Green Metallic (3P/A6W), then got them to add some gold/tobacco to get it a little like the Porsche tobacco (which I really liked) and give it more metallic

Nailed it. Perfect!

Mic drop, exit stage left.

30 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

.........., or some sort of Porsche 60s/70s chequered cloth... but I think changing the centre panels will lift your black interior without being as much work as swapping the entire interior for beige etc.

Pasha centre panels would look good.

Love the colour - it looks fab.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timbobalobox said:

Appreciate it might not be everyone's taste, but I think it looks really good and even better in the flesh.  The guys painting it have done a really good job - the finish is like glass!  In the different lights it looks soooo different too. Looking forward to getting the accessories/trim back on 😎

I didn't actually go for exactly any of the colours I posted - I ended up basing it on one of them and adding some more gold to give it a better 'fleck', which should also be complimented by the gold badges.

If I had decided to change the colour of the trim to a lighter colour I probably would have gone for one of the more bold colours (red/blue), however as I was keeping it black it always had to be a consideration.

IMG_5233c3f914fe-8da7-4049-ad11-f724b8547a2cIMG_5235382d7ef4-a73a-402d-949a-4321af54be9e

That's f*****g lovely

• Like 1

A bit of envy and jealousy building here  in the collective as well as a lot of respect for the man tackling a project like this, but also making very good decisions on the selection and quality of finishes.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Here's a thought, as you mentioned you were limited by the interior colour. You said early on that you'd saved a few Pinterest pics.  Now you actually know what the exterior looks like, consider changing the centre panels of the seats to something that matches with the green/tobacco mix you have. It will greatly lighten the interior (I did it on my old family car), and you can choose if you want leather, a pale green alcantara (some hate alcantara, I love it), or some sort of Porsche 60s/70s chequered cloth... but I think changing the centre panels will lift your black interior without being as much work as swapping the entire interior for beige etc.

A genuinely thoughtful and inventive idea.

Are you ok?

• Haha 1

That looks great and it's going to look even better when it's all back together.  Love the colour, I was worried it would be another grey one.

I like Meno's seat insert idea, I'm a big fan of the 80's Tartan. Not sure I could pull it off in my Boxster though.

So excited to see this finished!!

Just dropped into this thread a few hrs after the unveiling , congrats to Tim, class choice and work.I’ve an F100 build on the go and this may just give me the get up and go to get it moving again 👍🏁🏁🏁🏁🇮🇪

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I wondered about changing some of the inserts in the seats to the material I’m covering the tonneau with, but doing it in  another colour or other parts of the interior is a top idea 👍🏼

20 hours ago, timbobalobox said:

Appreciate it might not be everyone's taste, but I think it looks really good and even better in the flesh.  The guys painting it have done a really good job - the finish is like glass!  In the different lights it looks soooo different too. Looking forward to getting the accessories/trim back on 😎

I didn't actually go for exactly any of the colours I posted - I ended up basing it on one of them and adding some more gold to give it a better 'fleck', which should also be complimented by the gold badges.

If I had decided to change the colour of the trim to a lighter colour I probably would have gone for one of the more bold colours (red/blue), however as I was keeping it black it always had to be a consideration.

IMG_5233c3f914fe-8da7-4049-ad11-f724b8547a2cIMG_5235382d7ef4-a73a-402d-949a-4321af54be9e

Gorgeous colour! Can't wait to see it all come together now.