Project 387

timbobalobox

3 hours ago, timbobalobox said:

Out of these two now!  The red is stunning, but that tobacco keeps turning my eye :D 

Not the worst decision to have to make…

Both are lovely, my personal slight preference is the red, think the tobacco looks great on an early 911/912, but I think that the red accentuates the curves better on the 356. Your car, your choice, it’ll look amazing in either colour!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Here are apparently some images for tobacco.

https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors/TobaccoMetallic

These make it look a lot more dull brown than moospeed's version above - assuming it's an official Porsche colour, which perhaps it isn't.

There is one tobacco that's the official Porsche one from the late 70s/80s and another from another brand (can't remember who!) that I pulled out for sampling - I should get all of the spray outs back on Friday 👍

6 hours ago, ½cwt said:

And a classic silver??  Go on, you know you want to....

The pic I used from the first post on this thread is silver, well silvery-grey.  You can self-photoshop that one yourself by turning up your screen brightness 😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

This just popped up on the ‘Porsche for sale’ FB group @timbobalobox

The silver makes it look a bit slab sided to me, especially on the front end?

uXzPAmQ.jpg

I think this is one of their early ones, and I'm not sure the bumpers help the front to be honest.  That's part of the reason I tried to break mine up with the driving lamps and logo - just hope it works :D 

1 minute ago, timbobalobox said:

I think this is one of their early ones, and I'm not sure the bumpers help the front to be honest.  That's part of the reason I tried to break mine up with the driving lamps and logo - just hope it works :D 

How's the paint colour selection coming on ?

Nipped in last night on the way home - they've primed it once and checked for any imperfections.  Door gaps are bang on and they're just working on the bonnets then it's down to me to confirm the colour! (apparently as long as the prep has been done properly, the painting is the easy bit)

The front valance remains removable so I can get to the rads underneath if needs be.  It's also semi-sacrificial should it ground badly

IMG_5048

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iborguk said:

How's the paint colour selection coming on ?

:D 

I'm picking up the final sprayouts tomorrow so I can check in the flesh/check in different lights.  Currently the favourite from the 'shopped ones is green...

...or the blue.  Possibly the blue :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3