Project 387

timbobalobox

On 2/23/2023 at 9:46 AM, timbobalobox said:

I picked a few more options last week - the spray outs should be done today/tomorrow hopefully

a87352f7-5f00-4d76-a405-76bb0fb50978

I've gone for a another couple of greens, a petrol blue (my original idea), some tobaccos and a metallic red

From the red tin, tricky to get that looking ok from that tiny sample. So this is very much a guesstimate.

ADA7471-B-A440-4-E72-A08-F-74740-B71-CB2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

That does look good, although i think i prefer the flat/vintage style green that the metallic

Good photoshopping skills!

Yeah, I’m doing a relatively simple colour overlay on a metallic car.  Reflections differ with metallic paint as it diffuses more than solid.  Tweaked it a bit more here but would have to put in some time to get a proper solid look paint.

C5-C56-F0-F-D3-AD-41-D9-8-F59-41-D796-A2

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

The tobacco is very lovely, for sure! 

What colour interior would you do with it? dark tan? 

I'll be sticking with the black leather - the original plan was to paint the speedster humps the same as the body, but they actually look good in black too... 

• Like 2

Here are apparently some images for tobacco.

https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors/TobaccoMetallic

These make it look a lot more dull brown than moospeed's version above - assuming it's an official Porsche colour, which perhaps it isn't.

Edited by Menoporsche

2 hours ago, timbobalobox said:

I'll be sticking with the black leather - the original plan was to paint the speedster humps the same as the body, but they actually look good in black too... 

I saw a tobacco 911 for sale in local OPC and loved it (much to the amusement of my SIL who thinks it is poo! It's an age thing!) mostly because of the contrast with the 'cream' interior. Not sure if it works well with black but I guess we may get to see it 😁!