Project 387

timbobalobox

51 minutes ago, timbobalobox said:

wait until it's back with the lights etc in?

This 👆 plus wheels - seeing it for the first time when it’s “complete” would be best.

Unless the wheel wait is weeks of course 🤣

18 hours ago, map said:

This 👆 plus wheels - seeing it for the first time when it’s “complete” would be best.

Unless the wheel wait is weeks of course 🤣

I vote for waiting to see it in all it's glory! 

I want to see the remainder of the build which will be tricky without showing the colour.

So as in the news, if you don't want to know the result, look away now.

Edited by Terryg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, timbobalobox said:

I’m just away in Ireland with work at the moment - I can unload some shots when I get back 👍🏼

If you're near Galway just pop over and show me, it can stay secret from those spoilsports then.

• Haha 1

Appreciate it might not be everyone's taste, but I think it looks really good and even better in the flesh.  The guys painting it have done a really good job - the finish is like glass!  In the different lights it looks soooo different too. Looking forward to getting the accessories/trim back on 😎

I didn't actually go for exactly any of the colours I posted - I ended up basing it on one of them and adding some more gold to give it a better 'fleck', which should also be complimented by the gold badges.

If I had decided to change the colour of the trim to a lighter colour I probably would have gone for one of the more bold colours (red/blue), however as I was keeping it black it always had to be a consideration.

IMG_5233c3f914fe-8da7-4049-ad11-f724b8547a2cIMG_5235382d7ef4-a73a-402d-949a-4321af54be9e

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, timbobalobox said:

Appreciate it might not be everyone's taste, but I think it looks really good and even better in the flesh.  The guys painting it have done a really good job - the finish is like glass!  In the different lights it looks soooo different too. Looking forward to getting the accessories/trim back on 😎

I didn't actually go for exactly any of the colours I posted - I ended up basing it on one of them and adding some more gold to give it a better 'fleck', which should also be complimented by the gold badges.

If I had decided to change the colour of the trim to a lighter colour I probably would have gone for one of the more bold colours (red/blue), however as I was keeping it black it always had to be a consideration.

IMG_5233c3f914fe-8da7-4049-ad11-f724b8547a2cIMG_5235382d7ef4-a73a-402d-949a-4321af54be9e

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We asked one hundred people, and they said...  YEAH 👍 "

I wondered if it would be green as I thought that would be one of the only colours that could suit the red dragons.

You will now suffer the same as some of us (my orange, Gutley's blue etc) that you have to take 12 photos of your car and pick which one if any actually represents the colour correctly to the viewer. I have a whole load of pics of my car for memories but I don't put them here as the light sensor and the colour processor can't really work out what is going on.

Hope it all keeps going in the right direction for you :) 

• Thanks 1